Do you want to be part of a new and exciting people insights and analytics team?About HMRC
HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority, and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for our public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
The People Analytics and Insight (PAI) Directorate was established in late 2019 and is a rapidly growing and evolving part of HMRC's Chief People Officer (CPO) Group, or HR. Our vision is to 'deliver people insight and analytics to enable HMRC to craft its future through the use of evidence-based decision-making'.
The Analytics & Insight team drives the proactive outputs of the directorate, covering activities such as modelling, forecasting, optimisation and research.
The team uses the range of statistical and research techniques to deliver value add solutions to tackle business problems.
HMRC is a significant employer, with 65,000 staff, and therefore people analytics plays an important part in driving change and shaping the future of the organisation. The team was formed specifically to bring a different way of operating to CPO and to facilitate greater rigour in the successful delivery of key programmes. This role oversees the delivery of this activity, the professional standards and the innovation applied to find creative ways to deliver highly effective solutions.Job description
You would have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Leadership of a team c.10 people with direct line management of Senior Analysts, and matrix management of project resources to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders providing thought leadership, guidance and recommendations on workforce research (e.g. Civil Service People Survey) and analysis.
- Ensure comprehensive and effective project plans and associated documents are in place for individual projects within the Analytics and Insight team's portfolio of work.
- In close conjunction with the Engagement & Planning team, control and track the delivery of projects against milestones and priorities.
- Anticipate issues and problems, intervening and coaching where necessary (including taking ownership for directly producing project deliverables) to prevent slippage or failure to meet key milestones.
- Assist with the development and definition of the insight and analytical strategy for HMRC's CPO organisation.
- Deliver business insight to inform the strategic delivery approach, design of interventions and development of products in collaboration with colleagues to embed people impacts into projects and programmes.
- Apply recognised insight and analytical methodologies, including audit and quality assessment and control.
- Take a leading role to build capability and professionalism across PAI in insight, data and analytics.
You would be expected to have experience and demonstrate the following skills:
Experience of leading work across most or all the following categories:
- Strong leadership and management skills and experience.
- An ability to plan and prioritise challenging demands for work.
- Excellent communication and presenting skills, able to convey detail and technical information such that it resonates with key stakeholders.
- Experience using statistical software packages such as SPSS or similar.
- Evidence reviews.
- Impact or process evaluation.
- Survey design and implementation.
- Qualitative research methods such as focus groups and interviews.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience in SQL/SAS/R/SPSS (or similar) to manipulate and analyse data.
- Sophisticated analytical and statistical techniques.
Only suitable and relevant candidates will be contacted.