Dove House Hospice, Chamberlain Road, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU8 8DH
Who will I be working for?
We are Dove House Hospice, a dedicated service supporting patients with life limiting illnesses. Providing a range of therapies, services and support, we aim to make the hardest part of life manageable within a sustainable, comfortable and caring environment.
We aim to continuously develop and provide the best service and support, having recently received the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For award, placing within the top 10.
We are now looking for a Hospice Doctor to join us and provide vital support to the people we work with. This role is available primarily on a full-time basis but part-time hours are also available.
- Salary ranging from £55,047 - £69,849 dependent on experience and qualifications
- Benefits package
This is the ideal role for a registered medical professional to support our patients within our hospice at the most difficult time in their lives.
Effective palliative care is a vital element the final aspects of a patient's life and also essential for their families who require support and assistance. Your role will be critical to the delivery of this care and your work and efforts will provide peace of mind and support to both patients and their loved ones.
So, if you feel you could make a difference and provide the support people need in the final stages of life, we want to hear from you.
As a Hospice Doctor, you will be tasked with providing high-quality specialist palliative care to patients and their families.
You'll work as part of our incredible team of passionate, dedicated professionals, taking shared responsibility for providing medical expertise to patients that are both in the hospice and the community.
Working under the guidance of the Consultant in Palliative Medicine, you will:
- Carry out medical duties
- Maintain high standards of care
- Provide telephone support and palliative care advice to GPs and other primary healthcare staff
- Keep accurate records
As part of your role, you will be required to take part in an out-of-hours rota which will include admitting patients and carrying out medical duties out of hours.
To be considered as a Hospice Doctor, you will need:
- To be a Medical Practitioner with GMC registration and a licence to practice
- A certificate of professional indemnity (indemnity insurance)
- Postgraduate medical experience of at least two years
- Clinical skills practice
- Good knowledge of therapeutics
- Practical skills including venepuncture, intravenous infusion and male and female catheterisation
- The ability to participate in an on-call rota
- The ability to embody and live the hospice values of 'United we will be: positive, professional and passionate'
- An interest in palliative care
- A driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- The ability to attend the hospice within 30 minutes for purposes of on-call emergencies
Other organisations may call this role Doctor, Palliative Care Doctor, Medical Doctor, GP, General Practitioner, MD, or Medical Practitioner.
This is primarily a full-time role, however we are also eager to hear from candidates looking for part-time hours of 15, 22.5 or 30 hours per week.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Dr Rachael Dixon, Consultant in Palliative Medicine via telephone or email.
Webrecruit and Dove House Hospice are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Hospice Doctor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency