Speech & Language Therapy, Local Authority
The Speech & Language Therapy Service for adults with Learning Disabilities operates within two Health and Social Care Community teams - Merton Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities and Sutton Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities - both of whom provide services to adults over the age of 18 who reside in their respective boroughs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Merton Community Learning Disabilities Team (MCLDT). We are looking to recruit a full time Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist with over 2 years minimum post qualification experience to join the integrated health and social care team.
This post will provide the opportunity for assessment and intervention for people with a learning disability with a range of communication needs referred into the service. The post involves assessment, therapy and advice as well as support to families and professionals working with this cohort.
The Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist works closely with individuals, families and other agencies with the aim of meeting health needs, promoting independence, developing valued lifestyles and maintaining quality lives in the community. We use a person-centred focus, providing each person with a personalised communication plan tailored to help meet their unique needs.
Purpose of Job / Job Summary
• To act as a highly specialist resource for SaLT issues within a Integrated health and Social Care team in a range of settings.
• To work with the Management Team planning, developing, implementing and evaluating high quality services for adults with Learning Disabilities.
• To manage a complex caseload of ALD in a range of environments to develop functional communication in pursuit of independence in ordinary life.
• To be aware of eating and drinking issues, and to have an awareness of making appropriate referrals to Specialist Dysphasia Team.
• To lead on input to training courses designed to improve communication strategies employed when working with people with challenging behaviour.
These roles are highly sought so if you wish to be consdiered then please apply below and contact Thomas Humphreys at Spencer Clarke Group as soon as possible