We are looking for an Oracle Developer with excellent SQL/PLSQL knowledge to join our Application Development team within Corporate Action Processing group. The ideal candidate will have SQL / PL SQL skills and the experience and desire to become a core member of the development team and play a key role in the success of the project.
* This is an Applications Developer 100% hands-on role.
* Maintain and enhance existing products, working to the company's development standards.
* Fix defects found by the Quality Assurance (QA) department. Fix critical defects found by client.
* Add new features as defined in the requirements document published by the product manager or business analyst.
* Quality check and code review other team member's code and specifications prior to release.
* Provide internal and external development support. Questions can arise from internal or external sources, you are required to provide a reasonable amount of support for all queries.
* Opportunity to work closely with technical and business partners across the globe.
* Responsible for application design, development and delivery and post production support.
* Work will be focused on the following Technology stack:
* SQL / PL SQL
* Advanced Queue
Essential Skills & Experience:
* At least 3 years of application development experience with PL / SQL (non Oracle Forms)
* Oracle 12c, PL/SQL, XMLDB, Advanced Queue, Database design, SQL performance tuning
* Hands on experience of Oracle based tools i.e. Toad/SQL Developer, SQL Loader, Import/Export Data Pump
* Experience of working in geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups with strong team play and collaborative skills
* Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven experience in building scalable and robust applications
Desirable Skills & Experience:
* Exposure to Git and JIRA.
* Exposure to DevOps/CI/CD via Jenkins.
* Agile practitioner; Scrum, TDD, User Stories, Specification by example etc.
* Knowledge or experience with Core Java, Apache Camel etc
* Knowledge of investment Banking and corporate actions domain.
* Can-do attitude, committed
* Good communication and negotiation skills
* High level of attention to detail - someone who takes pride in delivering a high quality robust product, providing multiple clients with business value, rather than focusing on R&D
* Enthusiastic approach to self-development