HVAC Plant Layout Engineer-(CMS0000T4)Description
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit our website and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.Business Unit Description:Critical Mission SolutionsYour mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.Role Outline/Responsibilities:Client Overview:
As part of the Responsible Designer for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project, our Client provides Engineering Design support for the Balance of the Nuclear Island (BNI).
This role is a member of a large integrated team seconded into Client team focused on providing high quality design, engineering knowledge & expertise.Assignment Scope:
The HVAC Plant Layout Engineer assists the building leader and layout coordinator in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.Main Activities:
General layout engineering
Progress monitoring and change management
- Request the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
- Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout and solve multi-disciplinary layout issues.
- Lays out the various HVAC equipment.
- Design HVAC ducts in the 3D model.
- Carries out checks of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model.
- Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, handover reports, etc.).
- Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
- Manage the list of input data to be used to perform the 3D design
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
- Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
- Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
Interactions with all groups/sections related to the building and in particular with the building leader, layout engineers and civil engineers, systems and contracts engineers and the team in charge of the analysis of internal hazards.Business Travel:
Ability to attend meetings in Malakoff, France - approx. twice a year.Key Competencies:
The postholder should possess good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
They should have the ability to take a strategic view, manage a multiplicity of interfaces, summarise, be proactive, and meet commitments and deadlines.
They will be required to write clearly-expressed and well-presented reports and apply logical thinking.