Clerk of Works-(CMS0000KG)Description
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good.
With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit our website and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.Critical Mission SolutionsYour mission is our mission.
Key Responsibilities include:
- We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
- It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
- Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
- Onsite and offsite inspection and quality control of reinforcing up to 40mm dia. including QA overview of Linton coupler connection install.
- Offsite inspections of prefabricated reinforcing layers by contractor for compliance with drawings and specifications including torque setting of couplers and reinforcing spacing and alignment
- Onsite inspections of reinforcing layers for compliance with design drawings and specifications including locations of embedded items, vertical and horizontal alignment of bars, numbers and positions of shear links, ensuring records of chairs, gash steel and temporary works are correct.
- Recent experience from trades background as reinforcing fixer / Supervisor - Must be able to read and understand reinforcing drawings and shape codes - familiarity with Linton Couplers preferable but not essential.
- British sole national
- Hours of work: minimum 40 hours per week - flexibility to work shifts and weekends on rotation to support 24 x 7 hour operations on and off site as part of a team.
- SC clearance not essential
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.