Senior Process Engineer-(CMS0000A0)
DescriptionWould you like to work on some of the world's most exciting projects?
Jacobs's nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry to join our Decommissioning business. This role will be based in our Birchwood office in the North West of the UK but there will be a need for periodic visits to client sites, as projects require. The Decommissioning business provides an exciting mixture of consultancy, engineering and project management support, along with delivery of challenging decommissioning related EPC projects, to major clients in the UK across both the civil nuclear and defence industries, including Dounreay, Sellafield Limited, Urenco and Magnox.
Overseas, we are delivering similarly interesting and exciting projects across the globe including project for clients in Central and Eastern Europe and Japan. We are very proud to have supported these clients for many years, and our partnering arrangements will enable us to sustain and enhance this support in the long-term. We also deliver a number of projects for other private companies and academia needing decommissioning solutions
The successful candidate will support the engineering manager with the management, direction and coordination of the Project Engineering work and interrelation with Project discipline teams.
The Senior Process Engineer is also responsible for implementing Engineering Procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in the project work.
Your responsibilities will be supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Front End Engineering Design through to full life cycle project requirements including:
- Waste retrieval and treatment
- Decommissioning projects
- POCO and care and maintenance projects
- Technical assessment
- Key discipline contributor in Feasibility and Optioneering Studies.
- Hazard Identification Studies.
- Process Design Development.
- Production and Checking of process deliverables including: Process flow sheets, - PFDs / P&IDs, - Datasheets and underpinning calculations
- Basis of Design,
- Process Descriptions etc.
- Development and Mentoring of younger engineers (graduates and early career engineers)
What do you get?
- Extensive experience in an engineering design capacity
- Demonstrable design experience in a highly regulated environment, preferably in the nuclear industry
- Demonstrable Experience in a similar role.
- Degree Qualified as a minimum
- Ideally will hold a Masters or equivalent, and hold Chartered Engineer status with the IChemE
As well as the opportunity to work on projects across the globe, in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at jacobs: For you:
For your peace of mind:
- A competitive reward package
- Work life balance
- We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations
- Family friendly benefits - maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
- International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities
For our communities:
- We offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
- We give back to our communities through a matched funding community investment programme.
- Across our global business, our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in.
- You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area