About the role:
Develop and support the business in its understanding of Environment, Social and Governance and to integrate core aspects into business decision making. To support the Climate Change and Sustainability Manager on Environment, Social and Governance, non-financial reporting and Green Investment.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Support the Climate Change and Sustainability Manager on delivering a range of outcomes on areas of activity including Environment, Social and Governance, non-financial reporting, Green Investment, TCFD etc.
- Be a subject matter expert and work with the business to understand, develop and integrate Environment, Social and Governance.
- Work with Finance, Operations, Asset, Capital Delivery and the wider business to broaden the information used to make capital investment decisions in particular Environment, Social and Governance.
- Support engagement with shareholders and bond holders on the Environment, Social and Governance and green finance agenda and activities.
- Build credible partnerships with key stakeholders both internal and external to help develop and deliver implementation/reporting of Environment, Social and Governance. Support the department by liaising or attending meetings with key internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Provide support and lead on wider team activities and reporting outputs as required including Sustainability, GRESB, UN SDG's, TCFDs etc.
What's in it for you:
- Minimum degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, membership of a professional body preferable but not essential;
- An excellent understanding of Environment, Social and Governance and ability to relate this to the business and the service we deliver for customers;
- Ability to liaise and influence people at all levels of the business;
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to analyse data and make decisions on partial information; Excellent analytical skills and be passionate about transparent and robust analysis and interpretation of information;
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We're also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to view our full list of Rewards and BenefitsAbout us:
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That's why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We're passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We're also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We're reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We're using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world's poorest communities.
Together, we're building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water