I have a great opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Specialist to join a brilliant organisation that offers mental health supported residential placements across the North of England. The placements are for young adults aged 16-25 with significant mental health difficulties who are often leaving the hospital or secure care and who require a higher level of support on discharge than other services can provide.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will be responsible for assessing, developing, outlining and implementing specialist interventions to young people, both within the residential provision and independence packages of care within the community.
You will be based in Birstall, however you will be expected to travel to services largely across West Yorkshire.
- Work with Clinical division, answering into the Clinical Nurse Lead
- Provide a specialist assessment and treatment service based upon a comprehensive assessment of each young adult
- Offer Clinical care and support to young people with mental health difficulties
- Assist with the safe and efficient transition from a hospital or secure care provisions to residential service.
- Assess young adult's mental health wellbeing
- Assist with the creation and management of care plans and care packages.
- Provide advice and consultation to the wider organisation about each individual
- Ensure all young people are safe and feel comfortable
- Work across different settings and MDT's
Salary and Hours
- £30,401 - £37,267 or £37,570 - £43,772 (Band 6 / 7 Salary - Dependant on experience)
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- 37.5 hours a week
To be considered for the role, you will need the following:
- Be a Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Be at least band 6 level
- Experience of working with young adults with complex mental health needs.
- Car driver
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply".