The role of the Management Accountant is to manage the finances for a group of buildings within the Group's portfolio and support the Finance Manager in the production of reporting for the board, shareholders and internal stakeholders.
The candidate will be responsible for liaising with their building managers and other department heads, ensuring they are aware of all relevant building events and departmental activities, and completing the month end reporting accordingly. The candidate will also take responsibility for other financial duties within the team throughout the month and provide ad hoc assistance to the Finance Manager.What you can expect as our Management AccountantBuilding Accountant
Month End Accounting
- Manage a portfolio of the Group's properties and act as the finance contact for those buildings
- Keep up to date on the day to day operations of your buildings, providing updates when required to other members of finance and head office staff
- Maintain a working relationship with the building managers and department heads, and keep them up to date on central issues, and provide them with analysis when required
- Visit the buildings in your portfolio regularly to conduct meetings with the Building Managers and discuss budgets, review financial performance, and forecast future events
Other financial duties
- Complete month end accurately within the required timetable, including full P&L and balance sheets for the buildings in your portfolio
- Understand and provide variance analysis and commentary against historical performance and budget
- Reconcile licence fee revenue to the occupancy report
- Post accrual and prepayment journals for each building
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet items including the fixed asset register
- Maintain and distribute the management information pack to the Building Managers and Department Heads
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Review the work of the AR/AP teams, ensuring correct posting of all purchase invoices relating to the portfolio of buildings, and monitor the debtors and creditors ledgers to ensure they are up to date
- Review existing processes and procedures and identify opportunities for improvements, and implement them
- Develop and create reports using Jet and Excel
- Preparation of annual audit packs and assistance with auditor queries
- Year-end US group reporting
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as required
- Fully manage, convert and transact memberships (Co-working, Lounge and Virtual Office)
- Experience in creating Jet reports or similar within Excel
- Strong commercial awareness and good understanding of the sector and current financial environment
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of responsibilities, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Technical excellence.
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to communicate with finance and non-finance personnel.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills.
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.