Are you an experienced data engineer who has come from a software engineering background? Do you have experience working with either Python OR Java?
I am working with a client Headquartered in Ireland (with offices in both Birmingham and London) who have recently secured some pretty exciting projects working with the government... so you'll need to be eligible for Security Clearance.
My client is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and they deliver projects both from client site, and from their offices. While they will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
They are looking for a number of data engineers
to work on these high-level projects to not only navigate and direct others but be comfortable with hands-on work & being able to roll your sleeves up daily. You'll need to have worked with the following technologies...
Your role will be to;
- Java OR Python
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Hadoop Ecosystem (MapReduce, YARN, Hive, Pig, Oozie)
- Big Data technologies (Spark, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra)
As discussed above, you will need to be eligible for Security Clearance; meaning you cannot have been out of the country consecutively for more than 3 months in the past 5 years. In return, you can expect the following
- Coach and mentor others in data development disciplines
- You'll have the ability to work with senior stakeholders and make effective decisions within fast-moving Agile delivery
- Lead the development for large-scale data processing solutions
- Have a strong understanding of tools, design methodologies and best practice.
- Data model
- Between £65,000 to £75,000 as a base salary
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection cover
- Travel loan - you will be expected to travel from time to time
- Pension plan matched up to 5%
- Flexible working policy
- Be a part of their social events! - Team nights out, Christmas party, social committee, pay day drinks (when were back to normal)
For the time being, you will be interviewed remotely and will not be expected to be in the office. This may chance as time goes on.