Experience of Commercial Real Estate of some form is a prerequisite for this role.
The COO will, in many respects, have a similar skillset as that of a commercially driven Chief Financial Officer who can work in partnership with both the senior management team and the Board but with a far broader set of responsibilities and skills.
Attributes of the successful candidate will include::
· Capable of gaining the respect of the business within a short time frame.
· Experience of acting as a business partner to a CEO
· Ideally experience of a similar style of environment, potentially PE, VC or a matrix managed business where influencing skills and mindset are crucial.
· Exceptional leadership capabilities.
· Tolerance for stress.
· Commercially astute and customer centric.
· Strategic in their thinking and with an open mindset.
· Data driven and highly analytical, tied to an ability and willingness to challenge and probe.
· Can evaluate and analyse information, a complex problem solver with critical reasoning skills.
· Operationally strong.
Added to this are all of the more easily identifiable criteria and responsibilities that one would expect around leadership, finance, as well as cultural awareness and ability, geographic coverage and understanding of the real estate market. While this role is clearly focused on the future that does not mean that the day to day responsibilities can be lost, a proven and successful track record is a pre-requisite as is experience of some form of 'event'. Responsibilities:
- Manage the Finance function at a strategic level.
- Debt and equity financing.
- Strategic planning - and making sure that the various components of the business plan are adhered to.
- Commercial aspects - leases, banking, JV agreements etc
- Investment appraisal and presentation.
- Member of the Board
- Relationship Management - Shareholders, JV Partners, Banks and most importantly customers.
- IT and systems/data.
- Risk and Compliance
- Marketing and PR - the outward face of the business in conjunction with the CEO