Basingstoke, Pacific ComputersJob Title:
Service Desk Technician - Temp to PermSalary:
You would be working on a busy 18 person service desk providing 1st/ 2nd line support to one of the UKs biggest kitchen suppliers. Dealing with over 680 depots throughout the UK, two manufacturing sites, and two main offices in Watford and Northampton. Role Specifics:
- Temp to perm role
- Providing support in the form of Remote Technologies, Telephone and Email.
- Providing support for Desktops, Laptops, Polycom IP Phones, Mobile phones, Audio visual equipment, printers, Chip & Pin machines, Cisco network switches/routers and more.
- Logging calls accurately in a call logging system, taking ownership, troubleshooting and escalating accordingly
- Working independently on weekly assigned tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines of new projects assigned to the Service Desk
- Liaising with 2nd line and 3rd party support teams to resolve calls as soon as possible
- Work a shift pattern of 7am-3:30pm, 8am-4:30pm, 8:30am-5:00pm and 9:00am - 5:30pm. There will be an occasional Saturday morning shift 7am/12pm every 6 weeks.
- Basic IT knowledge (familiar with O/S systems, Microsoft office, printer configuration, email troubleshooting, Use of Active Directory/Exchange etc...)
- Fixing issues via phone and remote access to various hardware devices (PCs, laptops, Printers, C&P devices, Audio visual equipment...)
- Fixing issues via phone and remote access to various software programs (K8 Client management, CAD, SAP, Red Prairie, RMS Call Management, Microsoft Office etc)
- Experience of using call management software
- Experience of working in a service desk environment
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Full training
- A friendly environment
- Onsite Parking - Ability to drive is desired although not mandatory.
- Company Pension
- Progression Opportunity