The ISS network of operating divisions provides high quality facility services designed to maintain the fabric and appearance of buildings. ISS provides facilities management; cleaning & transport services; maintenance and building services; catering; security; and a wide range of other tailor-made services for customers throughout the Public and Private Sectors.
ISS UK Finance has mobilised a Finance Improvement Programme (FiP), focussed on addressing several improvements across RTR, PTP and OTC, with emphasis on improving the internal controls within the process and addressing tactical pain points.
The Business Analyst will understand both the business processes and system functionality end to end, in order to perform gap and root causes analysis and propose detailed solution recommendations to improve the way ISS works.
This includes supporting, organising or otherwise facilitating presentations and workshops; engaging across the finance and IT community to understand current ways of working and completing analysis and functional requirement specifications.
The successful candidate should have a good awareness of the core finance processes (PTP/OTC/RTR/FPA) and be able to articulate business requirements clearly and document them at the appropriate level. Candidates will need advanced Excel modelling skills and a good understanding of data analysis. They will be expected to work well with Finance teams and naturally drive standardisation and best practice with a process first orientation. They will be natural relationship builder and be able to drive change and implementation within the Finance Community.
- Engage with users and stakeholders to troubleshoot issues and identify root causes
- Perform detailed process analysis and mapping calling out process failures and weaknesses
- Document functional business requirements with the business and get approval
- Develop advanced Excel models to support costs analysis and other data requirements where required by the project/workstream
- Work with cross functional teams to develop solutions and design documents
- Explain and enforce best practice of system use, data management and processes
- Identify and flag business challenges constructively and manage them to resolution
- Support Project Leads and Project Workstream Leads in the programme
- Support the development of change management, impact analysis and training plans
- Develop good relationships across the business and the central UK teams
- Provide assistance in other work areas and ad-hoc duties as required
- Part Qualified Accountant or by experience
- Six Sigma qualification highly desired
- PRINCE2 or suitable alternate certification/experience preferred
- Strong experience as business analyst in finance environment and processes
- Commercial / Financial experience in a commercial services contract environment
- Experience documenting detailed functional requirements, process analysis and mapping in vision
- Professional, committed, pro-active and able to use own initiative
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with Finance and IT staff
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and work independently
- A high level of computer literacy, including Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Financial systems
- Experience of project working and matrix environments especially working on finance change or transformation
- Experience working in and with finance processes covering RTR/OTC/FP&A and PTP processes. Payroll process experience for the Payroll Controls workstream desirable.
- Experience working with Finance systems and ERPs (NAV, Dynamics or similar), purchasing platforms (Coupa or similar).
- Preferred: knowledge of NAV finance system or equivalent & experience of developing or working with Interfaces improvements
- Strong process awareness