TEAM LEADER PRIVATE CLIENT MANAGER - EDINBURGH
From £90-100k+ plus bonus and Partnership opportunity
Our client is in the process of transformative change shaping the business for ambitious growth plans aimed at growing AUM from c.£14bn to £25bn over the next 5 years. This activity is creating excellent opportunities for driven and talented employees to progress within, what is, a business that recognises, supports and rewards talent.
They have a significant HNW Private Client book including large complex mandates and they now seek a highly experienced Investment Manager with an established track record of working with HNW and UHNW private clients to lead one of their 'Pods'.
The Team Leader role is a key position in the company reporting to the Director, Private Clients holding responsibility for managing a business unit composing Private Client Managers, Executives and Assistants, holding overall responsibility for a significant book of HNW clients driving the care and service of these existing accounts while actively seeking to identify new client opportunities. Typically, the 'Pod' Team Leader will personally run a client book of between £150-200m including some of the largest most influential clients. A process of allocation and introduction will follow appointment
· Management of investment staff including the mentoring and coaching of junior staff members.
· Understanding clients' financial needs, attitude to risk, personal circumstances and current investments to propose suitable solutions and strategies
· Reviewing existing investment portfolios, producing detailed written reviews and proposals
· Meeting clients to present the proposed solutions.
· 'Managing out' existing investments and reinvesting the capital into proposed portfolios.
· Regular reporting of changes within portfolios and performance to clients.
· Attending review meetings with clients to maintain a suitable investment strategy.
· Highlighting wealth management opportunities.
Developing Business with New Clients
· Engage with and understand prospective client's needs.
· Present and discuss the appropriate propositions.
· Convert prospective clients
· Continually engage with existing clients, deepening, and developing relationships.
· Regularly review existing client's circumstances to ensure suitable for their current circumstances.
· Excellent relationship building skills
· Integrated wealth management - a strong appreciation of Wealth Management and experience of working closely with Financial Planners to provide an in-depth service to the client.
· Team leadership including mentoring and coaching junior team members
· Commercial awareness
· Very strong awareness of, and passion for, financial markets and an awareness of the changing trends within the industry.
· A high degree of private client wealth and investment management knowledge including portfolio construction, asset allocation, UK and overseas investment markets, performance measurement and regulatory responsibilities.
· Appreciation of the opportunity and challenges of working with internal financial planners.
· Should have either held the CF30 under the Approved Persons regime or be a Certified individual under SMCR regime.
· Suitable qualifications i.e. Level 6 CISI PCIAM or CFA Level 3 and hold, or be eligible to apply for, a Statement of Professional Standing.
· Financial planning/wider wealth management knowledge desirable