Infrastructure Project Manager/Scrum Master - Spalding, Lincolnshire up to £400 day rate - Circa 6 month contract We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor's Group Services functions are based in Spalding, Lincolnshire with a small number of people working at the Group's Head Office in London. There are around 350 working across functions such as IS, Procurement, Finance, HR, Technical, Marketing and Administration.
A fantastic opportunity for an Infrastructure PM/Scrum master to join the team at our Group Services site at Spalding Lincolnshire.This role is responsible for managing Infrastructure projects within Bakkavor Technology Services and IT. It includes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and completion of projects of varying complexity ensuring time, cost and quality parameters are agreed, monitored and met. It will involve the management of virtual project teams, revenue and capital budgets, risks and issues and stakeholder management. It demands good leadership skills along with a positive, proactive, flexible approach with a can-do attitude.
- Ensure allocated projects are delivered to agreed timescales and costs, fit for purpose and successfully handed over to support teams. Ensuring you meet or exceed agreed service levels in this area.
- Lead virtual project teams and ensuring they are motivated, focussed on the right tasks, aware of their specific timescales and their part in the overall project.
- Track risks, issues, actions and budget accurately during the lifecycle of projects and escalating, where required, to the project sponsor or portfolio manager
- Ensure all resources required for your project are proactively scheduled with the appropriate resource managers.
- Ensure any 3rd party relationships required to deliver projects are managed effectively from both a commercial and delivery perspective.
- Create project documentation relevant to your projects from the method as agreed with stakeholders/PMO, including mandate, project plan, highlight reports, closure and lessons learnt documents.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate project status information to the Portfolio Manager and Portfolio Sponsor on a monthly basis.
- Comply with all IT policies and processes. Seek opportunities to improve the efficiency of both where applicable.
- Comply with all company policy, audit and legal requirements such as Health & Safety, Data Protection Act, etc.
- 3+ years as a Project Manager, preferably in an IT environment
- Hands-on experience of Project Management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Prince2, PMI or similar)
- An established understanding of implementing repeatable rollout activities
- Proven rapport with tech teams, based on a solid technical history. Has technical depth and "nouse" (ideally is a PM who has developed from a technical/infrastructure career path)
- Able to work across many projects of varying size concurrently, working with pace, clarity & drive. Ability to pick projects up from day 1 covering concept to proposal and delivery. Familiar with waterfall as well as iterative/agile delivery approaches and methods
- Good understanding of various communications techniques, knowing when to use different comms approaches to achieve an outcome.
- Travel - mainly local (Spalding) based, national/international occasionally.
- Flexibility - ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast moving environment
- Proactive, "can-do" attitude and commitment to go the extra-mile to ensure outstanding results
- Calm and considered under pressure, ability to focus on the bigger picture and customer outcomes
Agile / Prince2 Practitioner
Knowledge of the ITIL Framework
Experience of working within a matrix PMO/Infrastructure/Technical Services environment