About Tekmar Group
Tekmar Group is an AIM listed organisation, having raised £70m in 2018 through an IPO. The Board have delivered subsequent growth from £28m turnover through to over £40m. This was achieved through both strategic acquisitions and organic growth. With a strong balance sheet and a positive outlook for their core sectors they are now seeking a new CEO to deliver further shareholder value.
Its core markets are international including Offshore Renewables, Telecoms and Oil &Gas. Tekmar Group is seen as market leader within its product and services range, particularly within the Offshore Wind market, which remains the dominant market for the business.
Tekmar Group operates from 17 locations across 12 countries in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia Pacific, and North America. Tekmar Group plc and Tekmar Energy are head-quartered in Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
For more company information visit https://investors.tekmar.co.uk/ The role
Reporting to the Board the key elements of the role will include:
- Leading the Tekmar Group (200+ employees), positioning the business for long term growth and capital appreciation while achieving short term performance goals. Continue the growth into Subsea markets while being responsive to opportunities and challenges in Offshore Wind
- Setting business strategy and leading the executive leadership team including Finance Director, Operations Director, BD & Sales Director and P&L Managing Directors
- Investment and Financing including major capital expenditure and material contracts
- Identifying and executing acquisitions and disposals and approving major proposals or bids
- Communication & liaison with employees, shareholders, investors, customers, suppliers, banks and advisors
- Promoting and conducting the affairs of the Company with the highest standards of integrity and corporate governance and providing clear leadership on responsible business conduct across all areas of the business
Suitable candidates must have experience of raising capital, investor relations and leading M&A activities and a track record in successfully leading integration of acquired businesses
They should also have strong sector/geographical knowledge with a good technology understanding including leading a manufacturing and engineering service business aligned to Tekmar's core international sectors.
In addition, suitable candidates should ideally possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Finance
- Experience at CEO level within a UK Plc
- An In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with outstanding organisation and leadership skills
- Experience in the development of profitable strategies and implementing vision
Candidates must be located (or prepared to relocate) within daily commutable distance to Newton Aycliffe.To apply in the strictest confidence:
Please forward a comprehensive CV including current remuneration and notice details to: email@example.com or via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/ianlewisedwardreed/
Closing date for applications Thursday 24th September 2020
Edward Reed Recruitment is managing this search on an exclusive & retained basis. All direct or 3rd party enquiries / applications will be forwarded to Edward Reed Recruitment