UK Indirect Tax Manager
With over 50 years' experience in the travel market, we have a presence in 35 countries and more than 550 brands in our portfolio. We have the capability to deliver world-class food and beverage outlet programmes based on the highest levels of customer service, quality of food and environment.Our Mission &Ambition
Our Values are
- To give our customers an experience that exceeds their expectations and that clients know cannot be matched.
- To be recognised as the leading Food & Beverage operator in travel locations worldwide
- We are one team
- We are results focused
- We all make a difference
- We are bold
- We celebrate success
We have an indepth understanding of our diverse customer base; our insights into food and beverage trends mean we have created an extensive range of brands and concepts that we can run in operationally demanding, high-volume travel locations.
We are recruiting for a UK Indirect Tax Manager. The opportunity will be at our Group Head Office, London Camden or at Rubery, Birmingham. The Role:
The UK Indirect Tax Manager will have primary responsibility for indirect tax matters for the UK business (which includes operations in Ireland).
Accountability and Tasks;
- Managing the VAT compliance processes and tax returns reporting.
- Manage / mitigate risks and identify / optimise opportunities and tax savings.
- Complying and reviewing Product Liability and adhering to BRSA.
- Liaising with key stakeholders within the business, tax authorities and third parties.
- Providing Value Add business advisory service on indirect tax matters
- Provide training and raise awareness of indirect tax
- Keeping abreast of changes, analysing and advising, as well as implementing changes in legislation i.e. BREXIT, MTD.
- Work on ad-hoc project activity, and support Group Head of Indirect Tax
- There is no direct line management responsibility for this role
- The role is based in London or Birmingham, but must be willing to travel within the UK and Ireland.
- Ensure timely and accurate filings of all indirect taxes
- Ensure clean sign-off of SAO certification
- 4 years + VAT experience gained in an industry role
- Experience of SAP or other ERP system
- Must have good time management skills
- A self -starter and must be proactive
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Preferably have experience of Tax reporting tools
- Relevant VAT experience in the Retail sector
Along with great career prospects at SSP, we are offering a competitive salary, discounts off a variety of retailers and service providers, up to 50% off our own brands up and down the country, 25 days of holidays + bank holidays and much more...