Magnox are looking for a Senior Maintenance Engineer based at our Dungeness Site in Kent.
Purpose of Role
To provide engineering expertise in the investigation and rectification of plant and equipment defects.
A Maintenance Engineer (Senior) will provide more complex engineering solutions to higher profile projects, underpinned by a high level of technical knowledge and experience.
· Appraisal of emergent plant or equipment deficiencies in order to allow rectification.
· Assist the Engineering Section Head to ensure that site plant is maintained and is suitably safe, efficient and reliable.
· Liaise with System Engineers to ensure that plant performance and details of component defects are considered as part of the overall system or asset management/investment strategy.
· Carry out Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and prepare Method Statements/Work Instructions for all defect maintenance.
· Review and approve Risk Assessments and Method Statements/Work Instructions created by other section members.
· Provide technical support for maintenance activities where required.
· Writing/managing modifications/safety cases under the plant modification procedure. Act as NRE as required.
· Provide technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
· Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
· Provide authoritative advice for internal departments to support advice to external stakeholders.
· The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site Intelligent Customer.
· Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
· Deputise for Section Head when required.
· The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
· Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
· As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
Work flexibly within the team and support and mentor other Maintenance Engineers in order to optimise the safe delivery of all specified Lifetime Plan activities to the required quality, time and cost parameters.
If you've got the right skills for the job we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from the right candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.