Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $500 billion in assets under management. We have over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield is a global organization with over 100,000 employees and operations in 30 countries in 5 continents. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Our asset management business consists of 5 business groups (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Power, Private Equity, and Public Securities) in addition to the Global Manager group which covers the corporate functions. We operate on a decentralized basis where each business group is responsible for the activities of the business. Global Manager acts as a partner to each business group, performing certain functions that are shared across all groups (e.g.IT), sharing best practices, facilitating communication across the groups to ensure that activities that require consistency across groups are coordinated. Accordingly, we operate in a matrix environment requiring everyone to consider who might be impacted by a decision and/or who needs to be involved or aware.Department Overview
Internal Audit in Brookfield plays a central role in providing assurance and advisory services over corporate functions and the companies owned and operated by Brookfield globally. To do so, we have teams in all 5 continents. Over 60 people work in the Brookfield Internal Audit team globally, and a further 20 in the companies owned and operated by Brookfield. The team in Europe consists of 7 professionals.
The business we work in is fast-changing, and so is the work of Internal Audit. Internal Audit is a truly global function that work closely together across all continents.
We stimulate a can-do attitude, personal development and ownership. What sets us apart is the true service-attitude towards the business that we review, where our work is widely viewed as making the organisation stronger.Role Overview
The candidate will work closely with contacts across the various Brookfield business sectors (property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity) within Europe.Key Responsibilities
- internal Audits
- Involvement in the development of audit scope and audit procedures to be performed for internal audits and management assurance assignments in accordance with the Annual Internal Audit Plans.
- Perform audit testing to assess operating effectiveness of controls in place, design and prepare the appropriate working paper documentation to support conclusions.
- Participate in the discussion of audit issues and development of action plans with management.
- Follow up management action plans, report on progress and maintain the database of outstanding actions.
- Build successful business relationships with auditees and other stakeholders in the business to influence and promote best practices.
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Assist with the completion of risk and control matrices and perform testing of SOX controls in accordance with Brookfield's methodology.
- Prepare required documentation for the External Auditors in accordance with predefined timetables.
For More Details, We Encourage Applicants To Read Brookfield's Applicant Data Protection And Privacy Notice, Found On Our Website
- Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Newly Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIA or equivalent preferable.
- Experience of working in a large Audit practice.
- Familiarity with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act.
- Well developed knowledge of accounting, general business principles and internal control concepts.
- Proactive, collaborative attitude, good team player and able to work independently when required.
- Methodical - able to plan and organise with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative, passion, and decisiveness, consistently producing quality results against given deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a clear communicator/thinker, comfortable influencing and challenging results.
- Ability to speak a second European language (Spanish preferred) at a professional level desirable.
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring.