In this role, you will be responsible for actively driving the sales process by managing the technical aspects of account management. You will be working in conjunction with the regional sales director as a key technical advisor, product advocate and solution architect across all of our market verticals in the assigned region or account locations.
· Provide technical sales support for customer facing account managers/directors in conceptualizing, qualifying, positioning and closing complex, integrated technology solutions.
- Act as the architect and translator of complex technical information into compelling and understandable business propositions for the client.
- Write technical answers to questions and manage collection of information for RFIs and RFPs.
- Conduct presentations to customers, communicating the functionality and benefits for specific products, services and integrated solutions.
- Perform lab and field-trial evaluations at customer locations.
- Identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Manage a knowledge database, and keep abreast of new developments in the industry by attending shows, conferences and engaging in forum discussions.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of prior experience working as a sales engineer.
- Prior experience with Network and Application Performance and Monitoring solutions is essential.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry related experience.
- Prior experience working with Network Security is strongly preferred.
- Must possess a strong focus on customer service and be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Must be able to maintain a functional home office and travel extensively by air and car within the assigned region and/or account locations.
- Must reside in close proximity to a major international airport.