MediaTek is the world's 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology.
Working together with 5G component suppliers and worldwide cellular operators around RF technology, MediaTek is quickly bringing a complete, standards-based and optimized 5G solution to the market.
Due to our continuing success and growth in the cellular chipset market, we have an exciting new opportunity in MediaTek's UK RF IC Design Centre in Kent. We are looking to recruit proven RF design talent, capable of delivering leading-edge products with demanding time to market requirements.
This is a great opportunity to be a key contributor in MediaTek's highly experienced global RF team working on state-of-the-art 5G RF products in advanced CMOS processes.
Your responsibilities will include the specification, architecture design, circuit design, implementation, verification and production release of 5G RF ICs.
Your focus will be on developing highly innovative architectures and circuit designs to achieve leading edge performance and excellent results on first silicon.
In this role you will lead a team of designers and work closely with colleagues accross the organisation from marketing and system design to layout and manufacturing.
Our UK RF Design Centre is located in West Malling, Kent with an additional team in Cambourne, Cambridgeshire. You will have the option to choose to work in either fantastic location.
MediaTek look for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry's greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users. From 4G and 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek employees are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
Essential Technical Skills
- MSc. or PhD in a closely related field
- 10 years relevant industrial experience
- Proven track record of delivering cellular or Wi-Fi transceivers to mass production
- Ability to innovate demonstrated by publications and/or patent applications
- Significant experience in team leadership and management of RF IC development
- Strong background RF transceiver design for cellular or Wi-Fi applications
- Excellent understanding of modern transceiver architectures
- Excellent knowledge of RF system analysis and specification
- Experience with optimisation of RF and mixed-signal circuit layout
- Experience with design in advanced CMOS technologies (28nm or below)
- Good understanding of RF performance requirements for cellular systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Passionate about designing high-performance RF circuits
- Have a very good grasp of the integration challenges of complex RF systems-on-a-chip (SoCs).
- Able to work closely with technical and marketing people across the business to define the product specification
Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience with Cadence Analog Design Environment
- Experience with EM simulation tools
- Familiarity with ESD, qualification and production testing
- Competent in doing data analysis using Matlab and/or Python
- An innovative thinker with a passion and critical thinking mind for challenging technical problem solving
- Highly motivated and results driven to see projects through to completion
- A team player with the ability to work with others to complete challenging projects together as well as successfully working independently
- A good communicator who is able to communicate effectively using a range of tools (Email, IM, VC etc.) with people across different timezones and cultures
- Meticulous in ensuring work is completed to a high quality
- Using skilled judgement to make decisions
- Excellent time management and organisation skills