This person will act both as an engine to increase sales and as the solution owner for all of
the design engagements. He/She will support the sales organisation to meet and exceed Colt objectives in selling Colt services, by being the technical point of contact within the account team.
The role consists of helping sales generating, designing and closing opportunities on their list of accounts. For each opportunity he/she is engaged on, the role includes gathering and translating customer requirements into a high level technical and service design, to ensure client satisfaction by meeting their defined technical expectations:
- Opportunity detection, generation, qualification and requirements gathering
- Solution design including underlying technical architecture, service definition and transition plan
- Technical and product expertise to the customer during the presales stages
- Overall solution costing
- Presentation of that solution to the customer
Colt Values Customer - how we behave
- Help evangelise customers to detect and generate opportunities.
- Become and act as the trusted advisor for key stakeholders inside the customer's organisation.
- To be the customer's technical consultant, allowing a review of the customer's current services and leading to a reengineered solution for better performance, cost savings and easier management for the customer and the network
- Meet and work closely with the customer to understand their business objectives, needs, requirements and compelling criteria to better shape the solution and translate them into a high level technical and service design that integrates smoothly into the customer environment.
- Understand current and emerging technologies to provide the customers with the information needed to make informed telecommunications decisions. Look at Colt offerings and provide a complete solution for a customer based on industry-proven technologies.
- Pro-actively drive and lead strategic account development with Sales & Sales Specialists on named accounts. Ensure client satisfaction by meeting their defined technical expectations
- Ensure timely and accurate qualification of opportunities.
- Partner with the sales team to recommend the most appropriate solution to the customer.
- Liaise between the customer and Colt Engineering, Design, Delivery and Operations, to ensure each is aware of the customer solution and to create an effective installation
- Ensure Colt is focusing on solutions we can win and are aligned to Colt strategy.
- Own the solution during the assess and design phase, up to ordering.
- Mainly focus on customer requirements and deviations from the Colt service catalogue.
- Ensure the functional design is aligned to industry trends and is cost efficient.
- Manage 3rd Party partners and all Colt concerned departments to design a fit for purpose and a deliverable solution.
- Manage the cost of the different elements that build the solution to ensure it best fits the customer's requirements and is most cost effective
- Document the final Solution design to a level of detail and rigour that enables customer to comfortably contract with Colt for a clearly defined service and solution and service outcome.
- Document the final Solution design to a level of detail and rigour that enables all relevant technologies and services to be identified for internal approval.
- Identify and quantify the associated gaps and risks including mitigation plans in conjunction with Commercial/Bid management, and other sales supporting entities whenever appropriate.
- Maintain a high degree of and thorough knowledge of all Colt products, services capabilities.
- Maintain a high degree of and thorough knowledge of the customers he/she is supporting selling to.
- Act with autonomy in managing work load and provide leadership in acting on a sales opportunity.
- Actively participate in specialist communities to ensure that successful innovative solutions and best practices are promoted and shared.
- Demonstrate and apply advanced technical and architectural knowledge.
- Apply innovative architectural thinking to the mission, strategy and vision that delivers positive impact and results to the business.
- Demonstrate thought-leadership across the organisation to be recognised within the technology industry.
- Functional leadership of design teams in the solution business to develop best-fit solutions and assure highest quality offers.
- Professional business oriented attitude with the ability to drive the Win Phase and influence on C-Level
- Adherence to Colt governance processes, tools and sales methodology.
We deliver an exceptional customer
experience every time.
Ownership - how we behave
- Regularly talks to customers about what they're trying to achieve and changes working methods/priorities to help them fulfil this need.
- Proactively develops and implements methods to ensure they understand how satisfied customers are with their/their teams work.
- Creates an environment where others are empowered to make timely decisions, that deliver benefits for customers and for Colt.
We take ownership
of our actions and our company's commitments
Leadership - how we behave
- Looks at activity on the basis of its outcome rather than the delivery of specific tasks, changes team and individual activities to ensure outcome is achieved - is brave enough to include outcomes in personal goals.
- Questions, challenges and provides input to business decisions, but once made actively supports and advocates the decision even if it conflicts with personal views.
We demonstrate leadership
, always striving to be the best at whatever we do.
Teamwork - how we behave
- Benchmarks own/team performance against our competitors/peers to assess how we're doing and develops and implements plans to make sure we match or exceed their performance levels.
- Role models team leadership and management qualities - holds regular 1:1 sessions, provides useful feedback to team members, removes blockages.
- Identifies and tackles poor performance, quickly - utilising development opportunities, performance improvement processes, coaching/mentoring.
We put teamwork
at the heart of our business, working with others to achieve success
- Talks to people from other teams and other geographies regularly to share ideas and take input - uses input to improve team's working methods and output and to improve inter-team working.
- Looks for areas where team's activities duplicate or conflict with other teams and works with other teams to resolve conflicts or remove duplication in a way that creates maximum benefit for the business not maximum benefit for their team.
- Substantial experience in a presales position.
- Proven and successful experience in working with sales.
- Proven track record in successful customer solution design in specific ICT (information & communication technologies) areas: managed networking, voice, unified communications, managed IT, project and service management.
- Experience of designing and selling such services: fibre, copper, DSL transmission services, Ethernet and IP private networks, accesses to the Internet, resiliency and security services, SDN/SDWAN, TDM voice, VoIP, IP Telephony, Intelligent Numbers, IVR, etc.
- Experience in working with international teams.
- Proven track record in business and ICT transformation solutions.
- Proven expertise of how to apply architectural thinking to mission, strategy and vision in innovative ways that deliver positive impact and results to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong sales Acumen
- Commercial Acumen - good understanding of pricing strategies, financial analysis methods and negotiation strategies
- Excellent understanding of ICT customer challenges, technologies and the competitive environment.
- Proven technical skills in building Solutions with Ethernet, IP, SDN/SDWAN, Security, Cloud Service Providers and/or Unified Communications products.
- Technical skills in some / all of the following areas:
- Managed networking: protocol stack, IP addressing, routing protocols, Transmission (SDH, EoSDH, MSP, DWDM, Ethernet), MPLS, VPNs, interfaces and standards), SDN, NFV, SD-WAN (Versa), connectivity to Cloud Solution Providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle, SAP (via Microsoft)
- IPT Cisco and/or Avaya and/or Microsoft Skype for Business / Teams and/or Audiocodes, SBC, VoIP, SIP, IN/IVR, call centre solutions, unified communications, messaging..
- Certifications required in one of the previous areas of expertise: Cisco CCNP (Voice, Security, Routing and Switching), Microsoft Skype for Business / Teams, ITIL, TOGAF, SDWAN - Cisco or Silverpeak.
- Knowledge in market standard ICT management tools.
- Familiar with Professional Services methodology
- Ability to partner with technical and business-oriented teams
- Fluent English