Maintenance Front Line Manager
Shifts - 24/7 shift pattern based on 12 hour shifts working a mixture of days and nights.
The Maintenance Front Line Manager will be the Engineering accountable person across the Debden site on a shift-based system, managing a multifunctional maintenance team through a hands-on leadership approach. You will ensure full compliance to all department and business requirements, supporting the engineering manager ensuring effective use of resources and department budget. You will ensure the delivery of continuous engineering support, asset care initiatives and improvement projects to business operations through safe working practices, ensuring all objectives are met.
What you will be doing:
- Day to day planning and management of shift-based maintenance engineering teams, prioritising and delegating of work ensuring optimisation of staff, ensure production shift coverage is provided and alignment to department KPIs & TIP's.
- Demonstrate a hand's on approach to diagnosing and resolving equipment/process breakdowns and issues, working with team facilitating a resolution in the quickest timeframe.
- Ensuring prioritisations and effective problem management, escalation and problem-solving techniques to reduce impact of concern
- Deliver all engineering leadership activities in-line with all business operational objectives and requirements
- Ensuring the development and engagement of maintenance team through effective tools such as PDR's and team reviews, conducting regular reviews and establishing area's for improvement
- Mentor and develop team, conduct regular reviews and maintain upkeep of skills/training matrix's for teams, set targeted areas to improve and ensure deployment of packages to support the mandatory requirements for yourself and team
- Ensure the delivery of the site Asset care program through TPM/PPM activities and identify areas of improvement
- Ensure Level 1, 2 and 3 reviews are conducted correctly through behaviours, metrics and escalations, in line with the Delarue FMS principles
- Be responsible for ensuring HSE/Security compliance is promoted and adhered to within the department's work planning and execution
- Ensure communication and elevation between shifts, handovers and standard practices are adhered to.
- Liaise and communicate with all departments to ensure support prioritisations are being delivered and be point of elevation for issues
- Manage T&A system to ensure shift coverage is maintained at set level
- Champion and facilitate lean principles and best practice to ensure performance improvements and efficiencies. Ensuring best practice in engineering and standardisation across full site engineering teams
- Ensure compliance to the CMMS system and utilise data to identify failure modes, implementing corrective actions to maximise machine efficiencies
- Attend/represent engineering at any meetings as and when required
- Deputise for Engineering manager as/when required
- Stand in for other engineering supervisors across various shift patterns as/when required
- Ensure all spares inventory is maintained and identify/order any spare parts required within budgetary controls
- Provide planning, support and organisation to all project and improvement programs and ensure involvement/delegation within team
- Ensure all engineering reports are completed and in full, ensure monthly data outputs are updated and displayed as necessary
- Work within the operations team to improve methods, productivity and efficiency.
What we are looking for:
- Formal engineering background. Applicants should be apprentice trained and have obtained a formal qualification to HNC level in Engineering
- NEBOSH qualification or similar and ideally have CI qualifications/experience
- Supervisory experience with the ability to demonstrate the experience of leading and managing a team of people
- ILM certificate or evidence of equivalent training or experience
- Self-motivated requiring limited supervision
- Self-starter with understanding for detail
- A keen interest in driving improvements
- Good time management and prioritising ability
- Computer literate and able to document and formulate reports
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including presentation skills).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90730390