Optical/Transmission FAT Engineer - 6-Month Contract London - £20.00 p/hr PAYE
Stream Resourcing are working with a market leading client and we are looking for a FAT Engineer to join their team, on a 3-month contact, based in London.
We are looking for an individual who will be accountable for carrying out:
- Integration of high capacity WDM Optical Transmission Equipment
- Configure the Equipment as required for the specific projects
- Analyse and investigate issues, determine root cause and implement improvements as applicable. Record investigations and failed units on the standard ticket system.
- Assess which test is required for each specific project
- Testing the project equipment as required.
- Contributing to the day to day support to integration
- Perform climatic chamber test for production units
- Fault/Repair confirmation of returned/repaired units
- Generating reports for quality, efficiency and plan conformance as requested by department supervisor
- A relevant engineering degree in Optics or Data transmission or Electronics & Communication (Or suitable industry experience)
- Previous experience of working on contemporary transmission equipment, preferably optical transmission equipment (Desirable)
- Good knowledge in SDH Transmission, and DWDM and optical test equipment's (Advantage)
- Solid problem-solving skills with experience debugging problems in complex real-time systems. (Essential)
- Ability to use varieties of test equipment such as Optical spectrum analyser, optical power meter, attenuator, oscilloscope etc. (Essential)
- Experience & competence of working closely with Customers. (Desirable)
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.