Reporting to the Head of Financial Accounting, you will be responsible for all technical and compliance aspects of the finance operating model within SCC.
You will be responsible for implementing best practice for documentation of accounting processes and financial reporting controls within SCC, ensuring adherence and compliance and reporting risks against the Risk Control Framework.You will work closely with the SCC EMEA Accounting and Compliance Manager and will support the development of SCC's financial accounting systems from a controls and compliance perspective.
You will also be responsible for the administration and control of Capex business cases, project appraisals, accounting and reporting of Fixed Assets and for the accounting and administration of trade agreements with financing partners, liaising with the commercial teams to ensure appropriate accounting treatment.
You will provide governance and assurance around Balance Sheet reporting, working with the various finance teams to ensure that reconciliations are maintained and controlled, helping to resolve issues and providing risk assurance to the senior finance team.Main Duties:Corporate Governance and Financial Control
Financial Planning and Analysis
- To ensure best practice for documentation of accounting processes and controls within SCC.
- Maintain and develop SCC's Risk Control Framework
- To provide technical expertise on all financial accounting matters, providing updates to the SCC EMEA Group Accounting manual as required
- To enhance reporting requirements to improve transparency around all areas of compliance activity
- Manage key balance sheet control accounts and ensure that the Blackline application for Balance Sheet reconciliations is optimised across the team
- Ensure seamless production of the Statutory Accounts through strong accounting controls and robust account mapping into the consolidation system (Cognos Controller)
- Ensuring that all external financial reporting requirements are met
- Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting and reporting and Capex forecasting
- Maintain and develop the Fixed Asset Register within the Cognos TM1 tool to enhance Fixed Asset reporting to support statutory accounting, tax computation and reporting requirements for insurance
- Ensure that all accounting requirements are met and cash flow is optimised on Capex projects
Knowledge and Experience
- Support the continual development of SCC's financial reporting systems from a controls and compliance perspective
- Support the Financial Accounting team's reporting projects
- Administer and control Capex business cases and project appraisals
- Develop and maintain accounting and financial reporting for all trade agreements with financing partners
-Qualified accountant with a strong background in controls, compliance and risk assurance
-Strong technical accounting skills
-Excellent MS Excel, Word, & Office skills and experience of Cognos TM1 and Controller applications would be helpful
-Excellent communication & reporting skillsPersonal Skills
-Strong communication skills and ability to manage a small team
-Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to manage key internal and external stakeholders
-Attention to detail. Adherence to reporting standards and formats delivering high quality professional output
-Proven ability to work to tight deadlines