Junior Legal Counsel
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a junior Legal Counsel to join our in-house legal team based in Blackfriars. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly team and advance your career.The company:
Founded in 1996, StepStone Group is one of the most successful online job board businesses in the world today. They are Europe's largest and fastest growing digital recruitment product and adverting business.
StepStone Group is composed of different companies: StepStone (Germany, Belgium, Austria, Netherlands, Luxembourg and France), Totaljobs Group and Jobsite located in UK, Saon Group located in Ireland, UK, South Africa & South America.
We are looking to recruit a junior Legal Counsel to the team which consists of the Head of Legal and a Paralegal. As a junior Legal Counsel you will play an integral role in the team and will assist the Head of Legal and together you will be the face of our international legal team for the UK business covering both the Totaljobs Group and Jobsite brands. This is a very broad position, in which the focus of the role will be on a mix of commercial and data protection/privacy matters with a group wide remit. We look for people who see things through from start to finish, learn from every mistake and can be commercial.Your role:
- Assist the Head of Legal in embedding privacy into the product development lifecycle as well as giving guidance on ways to minimise operational privacy risks;
- Assist in conducting training and raising awareness of privacy matters;
- Draft, negotiate and/or review the terms of a wide range of commercial contracts, marketing materials, leases and agreements on behalf of our UK entities and liaise with external advisors;
- Assist the Head of Legal with the implementation of new internal processes and any other legal matters that may come up as a result of Brexit;
- Drafting and/or updating of contract templates as well as Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies;
- Work closely with the Legal team in our Head Office in Germany and support us in a wide range of international projects.
This is not an exhaustive list.We require the following skill set:
What you can expect in return:
- NQ-1 year PQE (preferably in house experience) with a background in commercial contracts and data protection;
- Strong knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements specific to the role (namely GDPR, DPA, PECR etc);
- Strong communication skills and the willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced international environment;
- Approachable manner to ensure excellent communication and interaction with variety of different people;
- In house technology experience (preferred but not required);
- Excellent verbal and written skills with attention to detail;
- Supportive, collaborative manager and team-mates;
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- 29 Days Holiday plus bank holidays;
- Group Pension Scheme;
- Life Cover x 4 basic annual salary;
- 2 paid Charity days per year;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Free Eye Tests;
- Season Ticket Loan (after probation);
- Childcare Allowance (after probation);
- Up to 6 free Physio Sessions (after probation);
- Excellent Maternity & Paternity Pay/Leave.