Senior Data Engineer - Berkshire - £Competive Package - J11213
Our Global client is driving the use of Analytics, AI and Data to solve problems and maximise opportunities in the business. They have made a significant investment towards changing their capabilities in the People Analytics space - being a huge Global employer they view this as key. The People Analytics group is putting together a team that works across Digital Technologies in an Agile and User Centric way to solve for advanced use cases, deliver foundational data & insights and act as a catalyst for digital change.
What you'll need
• Strong capability within a Big Data Azure and/or AWS environment
• The ability to bring together divergent data sets that meet the requirements of the Data Science and Data Analytics teams
• Proficiency with data modelling, query techniques and complexity analysis
• Experience with cloud, container and micro service infrastructures
• Technical expertise with emerging Big Data technologies, such as: Python, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Clojure, Git, Flink, Elasticsearch, SQL, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and DNB (databricks); visualization tools: Tableau and PowerBI
.Clear desire to keep learning
• Drive and determination
• Strong commercial aptitude - a genuine interest in, and understanding of, the wider purpose of your work
What you'll do
Keeping the data flowing and readily available to solve problems that need immediate solutions is core to what you'll do. Your passion for big data challenges around innovation, emerging technologies and legacy environments drives your desire to design and implement next-gen solutions to traditional business challenges. You're ready to step up and take charge of developing data-driven processes that improve the functionality of your stakeholders and result in leaner operations, processes and profitability.
Some of your day-to-day work will include, but won't be limited to:
• Leading the effort to develop well-designed modular code that's usable and easily maintained
• Taking ownership of establishing proprietary internal libraries of shareable functions to establish a standardization for engineering work
• Engineering data-centric solutions from scratch through the incorporation of ongoing emerging technologies
• Taking ownership of an untamed data lake and turning into highly functional, pristine data sources
• Supporting the big data strategies of your stakeholders through self-service analytics, real-time decision engines and AI/ML advances
• Staying abreast of emerging technologies, architecture patterns, programming languages and ML algorithms and assuming the mentorship and training of other team members
• Collecting functional and non-functional client requirements while monitoring technical environments, business constraints and enterprise requirements
You'll be challenged to think about the global business picture and making sure your solutions address specific business challenges world-wide. If you are keen on such a challenge, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or email your details to her @datatech.org.uk (teresa.cheeseman)
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.