Are you a driven and insightful claims handling/litigation professional from a Legal and/or Insurance Claims background? Could you thrive within the specialist Motorcycle Industry? If so, read on. The Company:
Our client is a Legal Practice subsidiary company of a dynamic and innovative specialist company, who are a leading provider of outsource motorcycle insurance claims handling services to the insurance and Broker industry nationwide and featured in the Sunday Times Fast-track 100 of the Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in the UK, they have a proven and sustained track record for growth.
Continued growth and additional staffing requirements have created an opportunity for a Credit Hire Claims Handler/Litigator to join their team in Egham.
This is an exciting, permanent position where you will have the chance to play a vital role in the success of a growing Legal Practice team.
Our client can certainly boast a diverse working environment and can promise an amazing, career defining challenge for the right person.
You'll discover teams that are passionate about motorcycles, dedicated to delivering great claims insurance services to their clients and Biker customers; focused on driving the company to new heights of success. So, if you are ready for something new and are looking for a permanent role, this is what you've been waiting for. About the role:
You will manage a caseload of Small Claim and Fast Track motorcycle credit hire claims. Where required, and to force settlement, matters to be litigated and run through the stages of the litigation process to resolution, at trial if necessary.
To apply efficient claims handling, with a key focus on client care and to generate fee income for the business and to contribute to the general success of the business.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a caseload of Small Claims and Fast Track motorcycle credit hire claims and to recover incurred fees for our clients back from the responsible insurers.
- Where agreement can't be reached and in order to force a settlement, the matter to be litigated by following the CPR rules, making use of the firm's Case Management System and using the agreed internal procedures and practices to achieve settlement.
- You will, if required, be expected to argue liability, prepare witness statements, carry out case law research and liaise with the instructing party and the Claimant motorcyclist.
- In respect of quantum disputes you will be expected to carry out case law research, prepare witness statements, liaise with the instructing party, the Claimant motorcyclist and prepare rebuttal arguments.
- To progress your caseload in a way to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and balanced legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To prepare and draft legal proceedings required from the issue of a claim form until conclusion at a Hearing/Trial and deal with court directions.
- To attend case management conferences, either in person or by way of a telephone conference call.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with third parties such as, counsel, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm's internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum.
- To perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will come from a background of dealing with credit hire claims, will understand the principles of need, rate, period, mitigation, impecuniosity, enforceability along with an understanding of the ABI GTA arrangements and will have regularly argued some or all of these points through the litigation process.
- Preferably you will have dealt with and litigated motorcycle claims but any litigation claims handling experience, especially in civil litigation, will be considered whether having worked for a solicitor, legal firm or an insurance company.
- You will have good sound judgement, technical knowledge, together with commercial awareness.
- You will have excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- You will have the ability to organize and prioritize a day's work.
- You will have experience in using a diary system.
- You will be competent working with a case management system and have a good knowledge of MS Office and have used Outlook.
- You will have a 1 to 2 years' experience of handling RTA Small and Fast Track Motorcycle litigated cases and be looking for a role in which you can progress, within a friendly and successful team.
- A solicitor or a Member/Fellow of CILEx or working towards completing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience in personal injury would be helpful but not essential.
- A team player and acts as a role model to colleagues, working to achieve business and team goals.
- An ability to maintain a positive attitude, be self-motivated and use own initiative.
- To be resilient and able to deal with fast paced challenging and changing environment whilst still achieving objectives.
- To take opportunities to develop and stretch themselves and be passionate about developing a career in credit hire.