Paint Sprayer (Skilled) - day and night shifts availableCompany Description
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.Job Description
This is a great job for Skilled or Semi-Skilled Paint Sprayers looking for something with a bit more variety, as there will be opportunities to travel on working parties in the UK and abroad.
Reporting to the Paint Shop Manager or Supervisors in the Paint Shop, key duties will be as follows:
- To prepare Parts, Containers and Vehicles to time, cost and quality.
- To mix paints in accordance with paint manufacturers' specifications.
- To apply paint and coatings as per MSV specifications.
- To have knowledge of Health and Safety, Fire and Environment issues.
- To work in accordance with Paintshop procedures (House keeping and good working practices).
- Working overtime when required.
- Proven experience in a professional paint spraying role, preferably on cars or HGV.
- Commitment to high quality workmanship.
- Able to work well within a team and, following training, with minimal supervision.
NVQ or City and Guilds would be an advantage but not essential, as training will be given.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.