IT Helpdesk Support - Exeter - 6 month fixed-term contract Your new company
This organisation is charity which helps to support people in managing their mental health across Devon.Your new role
You will be responsible for supporting all employees to make full use of the Charity's IT systems and resolve problems. You will be the primary point of contact for IT helpdesk support issues and will work alongside the IT Manager to ensure compliance with SLAs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Providing first line response to IT helpdesk queries.
- Troubleshooting and ensuring all IT faults are progressed & cleared within SLA - escalating to other internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Support staff with their IT hardware and software requirements which includes but not limited to solving problems, providing demonstrations and/or instructions on how to complete tasks.
- Setting up IT equipment and accounts for all new starters.
- Completing inductions to Step One systems for new starters.
- Dealing with IT enquiries and helpdesk tickets in a professional and courteous manner over the phone, via email and in person.
- Diagnosing and resolving IT faults and managing them in a logical and methodical way.
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution.
In order to succeed in this role, you will need:
What you'll get in return
- Prior experience in a customer service and IT helpdesk role
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 7, 8, 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
- Ability to record, priorities and categorise work using Helpdesk Ticketing System
- Strong ability and motivation to solve problems logically and methodically
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to own vehicle
- GCSE Maths & English or equivalent
- NVQ Level 2 IT Certificate or equivalent
An exciting opportunity to join a national organisation, helping to make a difference in a charity organisation. Furthermore, your own dedicated Hays Consultant to guide you through every step of the application process.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.