My client are an exciting and global business, part of a large international group. Due to further expansion and internal promotion they are looking to add a senior Finance Manager to their friendly Essex based team.
In this role you will take responsibility for all financial accounting activities for the business. You will be responsible for external reporting and managing external stakeholders. There will also be management of internal reporting obligations, working closely with the Finance team and the parent group to ensure excellent financial controls are in place. The role requires someone with initiative who will take the lead in implementing and improving finance systems, controls and processes to develop the business and manage costs.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Manage and drive the Finance team in all aspects of finance.
- Constantly improve the finance systems and processes.
- Comply with all reporting deadlines.
- Meet all internal and external reporting deadlines.
- All revenue is captured, invoiced and collected in a timely manner while ensuring customers continue to enjoy a favourable business experience.
- All operational costs are correctly accounted for and that responsible departments are fully involved in the cost control and reporting process.
- All items of Capex are correctly reported and controlled both as assets under construction and post capitalization. Both from internal reporting and Tax perspectives.
- Statutory accounts for all active & dormant companies to be prepared and submitted ahead of deadline.
- All accounts are iXBRL tagged for corporation tax submission
- Manage internal and external audits.
- Ensure all accounting is compliant to UK and International standards.
- Contribute to constant business process improvement.
Successful candidates will be professionally qualified (ACCA / ACA/ CIMA) with a proven track record in a large, complex organisation. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to manage multiple complex issues simultaneously and develop internal and external relationships. The role requires strong knowledge of UK and International accounting standards and good systems knowledge.