Do you have what it takes to enrich the lives and education of children with Autism and other complex needs? Do you have previous experience supporting children with SEN?
Envision Education have an unmissable opportunity for a dedicated and passionate SEN Teaching Assistant to provide the highest standard of care and support to students with SEN.
The right candidate will have solid previous experience in this field, confidence in managing challenging behaviour and a drive to help students consistently achieve their Learning Outcomes. The School:
This fantastic Special School's mission is to provide students with a safe, respectful and inspiring environment in which to grow and achieve. Through their personalised curriculum tailored to the needs of each individual, they strive to prepare learners for life beyond school through specialist education that works for them.
There is a great sense of community at this all-through Special School and all acheivements are celebrated. Through high expectations, individually tailored curriculums and a calm, focused enviornment, students learn independence and succeed well. The Role:
- Provide the highest standard of support children with Autism and other complex needs such as PDA, OCD and ADHD
- Help students achieve meaningful outcomes in line with their EHCPs and Personalised Learning Outcomes and through the implementation of the SPELL framework
- Promote safeguarding and best practice throughout all activities
- Implement and evaluate individual learning outcomes, individual behaviour support profiles, risk assessments and communication profiles
- Carry out specific activities as required by senior school staff e.g. playground, lunch and domestic duties, preparation of meals, laundry, administration of medication etc
- Accompany children on a wide range of educational visits and leisure pursuits
- Previous experience supporting students with Autism and other Complex Needs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Great initiative and organisational skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Confidence and a non-confrontational approach to managing challenging behaviour
- Knowledge and understanding of Autistm and the needs of young people with ASD
- True passion and drive to help SEN students meet and exceed their goals
Why Register with Envision Education:
- A permanent, full time position at a fantastic Special School
- The chance to learn from a team of highly specialised teachers and support staff
- A fantastic opportunity to further your career in Education Support
- A highly rewarding position in a supportive and specialist environment
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Friendly and supportive team committed to guiding and assisting you through the process of finding and securing you a long term or permanent position
- Specialist experience in securing quality roles for aspiring educational professionals
- £100 bonus paid for each successful referral
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to further their career working as an SEN Teaching Assistant. Apply with your full up to date CV asap!
Pay rate is dependent on qualifications, experience and skills.
Envision Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.