Research Manager or Associate Director
Part time, salary range £35,000-50,000 pro rata
Location - open
Would you like to live anywhere in the world, working for a minimum of 2 weeks per month on a London salary, while undertaking career developing and exciting research for world class clients?
If so - come and join the "Verve Flex Team"!
Verve's model of always-on, agile, online insight has demonstrated how a digital approach can continue to deliver great, commercial insight in these challenging times and far beyond. Over the last 6 months, we have continued to grow our revenue and client base, which is testament to our great technology-based research approaches and fantastic team of researchers, of whom we are immensely proud.
Covid-19 has of course disrupted the way we all work, but at the same time allowed us to imagine far better ways of working which deliver great research for our clients and great lifestyle flexibility for our team members.
Objectives of the Verve Flex Team
· Deliver great quality work for clients from anywhere in the world, to clients anywhere in the world
· Provide a new flexible working model for an exciting new research team at Verve (Verve Flex)
· Provide Verve with a guaranteed number of weeks of work per month, but with the ability for that to be flexed up by a pre-agreed amount each month should demand require it
How does the Verve Flex model work?
Job sharing, whereby two people do 2.5 days per week to make up a 5 day working week has been around for a long time, and works for certain types of roles.
At Verve we see the post Covid world providing the opportunity for a different version of this model to work well for our project based research model.
Rather than employ one person for 4 weeks per month and require them to travel to a central London office and then work overtime to deal with increases in client demand we want to do things differently.
We would like to employ two people for a committed two weeks work per month, with an agreement for a third paid week if client demands require. One person will work the first two weeks on the month running specific projects and then hand over to their work "buddy" who works the second two weeks of the month.
However, if there is a lot of work on both buddies may work up to three weeks in the month - creating 6 weeks of available capacity.
The benefits for Verve Flex team members are:
· London based salary committed for two week per month with no commute costs or commute time.
· Live anywhere in the world (with good internet connection) - which often means this 2 weeks of salary would be enough to pay for a months' worth of living!
· A third week of potential work each month, to pay for fun things or savings
· A fourth week per month to do whatever you please in whatever lovely part of the world you choose to live!
We are looking for someone who...
· Is passionate about the possibilities of a new flexible working model to allow them to live a new lifestyle, almost wherever in the world they wish
· Wishes to work c. 2 weeks each month, but with the ability to flex and increase their hours as opportunities arise
You will have...
· At least 3 years' experience of working in a full-service market research agency in the UK, France or Germany.
· Experience across a range of industry sectors and quantitative & qualitative methodologies
· A desire to work autonomously and collaboratively from a remote location
· Experience working in an environment with a lot of pace, responsive to ever changing client needs, iterative working and juggling multiple responsibilities at once to deadlines
· Strong report-writing skills and the ability to create a story independently
· The enthusiasm to deliver great research and the passion & experience to build client relationships
· A desire to grow and get involved in wider business decisions and participate in strategic developments in the company
· Additional language skills: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin or others
What we offer...
· Competitive salary at a London rate, with the freedom to be based anywhere
· A fixed contract of 2 weeks per month, with the opportunity to increase to additional days as opportunities arise
· A can-do team environment where everyone is empowered to be all that they can be.
· The opportunity to continue developing a your career in a successful business at a time of significant change and uncertainty for the research industry in general.
· This is not a swap of a career path for a lifestyle one - this is an opportunity to have a both!
To apply: Please send your cv and covering letter explaining why this position can work for you to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 21st September 2020.