StrategiQ are looking for a full-time Web Application Developer to join our agency at either of our offices in Ipswich, Suffolk or Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire. At present due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are operating flexible/remote working for all members of our team.
This role specifically within our Development Team will be focused 3-days per-week working on our in-house application that effectively runs our agency and brings together everything from client strategy planning to HR and finance. The application has been developed utilising Laravel, PHP and Vue.js and is still in its early stages - so an ideal time to join an exciting and innovative initiative.
Alongside this primary responsibility working on our Web Application, the role will also incorporate roughly 2-days per week of client project work. Rather than end-to-end application development, this supportive role will be varied across many clients including bespoke web applications that our agency has built - through to server management and security reviews.
Working closely with our Head of Research & Systems and Head of Development, you will be supporting the continued sprint-based delivery of 'StrategiQ OS' and development support on projects for a variety of exciting clients from household brand names to local ecommerce businesses.
For this role we're looking for a Back-End Web Application Developer who has familiarity and confidence working and supporting Front-end too. You take personal pride and demonstrate an exceptional attention to detail in your work. A perfectionist, you go the extra mile with your work and constantly push your own skills and experience as you go. Rather than waiting to be trained and inspired, you take it upon yourself to further your development and learn new things in an ever-evolving discipline. You'll be part of knowledge-share workshops, code reviews and be allocated time for research and development. You'll have a natural interest in observing trends and innovation within the wider industry to continually hone your skills and adopt best-practice.What we want from a Web Application Developer
What we'd love from a Web Application Developer
- 2+ years commercial experience either in-house, agency or freelance
- Strong PHP skills (including Object Oriented Programming)
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Experience with version control (preferably Git)
- Solid understanding of application security and PCI compliance
- Good organisational skills and be able to manage own workload
What you'll get as a Web Application Developer
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Vue.js and other modern JS frameworks
- Experience working with APIs and web services
- Experience with theme and extension development for ecommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Shopify and Magento
- Experience with server configuration (i.e. nginx, Varnish, etc.)
StrategiQ is committed to equality of opportunity for all applicants of this role.
- Opportunity for split flexible/remote working (Post-pandemic)
- The opportunity to evolve and contribute to our best practice standards and processes
- Dedicated time for training, research and development
- The opportunity to attend leading industry conferences, events and participate in training and certification programmes
- Competitive salary inline with your talent, skill and experience
- Inclusive onsite Gym membership (Ipswich Office)
- 23 days holiday per year plus all British Bank Holidays
- Company-wide bonus scheme, annual awards and monthly MVP programme
Respectfully no agencies please and we are looking to fill this role with a candidate physically based in the UK who is based at a reasonable distance from either of our two offices. Our Values
- Fuelled by ambition - We always strive to be better. By refining our processes, researching new ideas and developing our skill sets, we collectively achieve more than we or our clients ever believed possible.
- Commercially-minded - Our business is founded on creative and technical expertise but driven by a deep awareness of business needs and what a company must do to thrive.
- Championing expertise - We continually develop, cultivate, inspire and nurture everyone in our team. Through training, stability, support, relationships, rewards, celebrations and fulfilling ambitions, we all rise together.
- Genuinely caring - Clients are placing their business in our hands, and this responsibility informs everything we do. We're a partner in their success and don't rest until they're moving forward.