Our success, your opportunity.
We don't follow trends. We start them. We drive change and deliver more to make a tangible difference for our clients and communities.
DLA Piper, an international leading law firm, currently on its transitional journey of becoming the law firm of the future, embracing change, investing in and driving modern initiatives, is looking for a well versed finance professional for a newly created role of Treasury Accountant, who is going to join our established finance team, sitting within our centre of excellence ideally in Sheffield, or commutable distance.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant, who will be passionate and knowledgeable about cash-flow forecasting, financial accounting, and will also be experienced in treasury.
The role will support the Group Accounts team and will work in close collaboration with the Head of Accounting Control and Compliance in supporting the business and stakeholders of various level , therefore an excellent stakeholder management and proactive manner are essential.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and develop international cash-flow models - short, medium and long term using current and new approaches
- Complete the process mapping of treasury and cash-flow functions
- Act as the key link between treasury and group accounting function
- Day to day operational banking with the Treasury Manager providing cover when necessary for funding, monthly hedging and international loan transactions
- Point of contact for banking relationships including KYC and Systems queries and manage bank meetings
- Banking facility and Bank Covenant documentation
- Qualified accountant with experience of accounting for foreign exchange, hedging, international loans & inter-company balances
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective international relationships which will be necessary to create realistic cash-flow forecasts
- Excellent excel skills to ensure any excel models are appropriately maintained
- Interested in or experience of treasury, banking relationships and bank facilities
- Ideally experienced in managing a small team
- Proactive manner, excellent communication and relationship management
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.AGILE WORKING
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.PRE-ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.