Solution Architect- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)UK WidePosition Summary
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join us at Infor, with industry experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) working with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems. As a Solution Architect, you will provide sales support and delivery leadership, guiding the Infor consulting teams and customers on how to achieve success with their solution through industry and implementation best practices. You will be working with our product Optiva, which is a PLM product for process and will support our process manufacturing practice.
In addition to this, you will ensure that the appropriate solution design is positioned in the sales cycle and that the scope of the implementation project stays true to that solution design throughout the transition to delivery and to the point of go-live. You will enable customer success and that the client realises their desired business outcomes from their investment in Infor. Your Responsibilities Include Sales and Marketing Support
- Post initial qualification, engage collaboratively with Solution Consulting, Software Sales and Services Sales on significant sales opportunities within their industry practice.
- Provide knowledge of the customers' industry and business during the sales cycle, planning activities.
- Determine and recommend an End-to-End solution design, that enables the achievement of the customers' objectives and desired business outcomes.
- Ensure that all necessary Architecture Artefacts are consistently created in the sales phase to a high level of quality and organized and stored using a standard structure and repository.
- Ensure that appropriate Industry Accelerators (IA's) are positioned and determine the degree of fit to the client's to-be business processes (60/30/10) through IA Mapping Workshops.
- Challenge the customer where appropriate to encourage adoption of standard IA processes unless there is a valid business reason not to.
- Agree solution scope and ensure fit to standard functionality with minimal modifications. Ensure that any necessary modifications are clearly identified and the associated risk and cost is understood by the client and internally within Infor.
- Contribute proposal content specific to functional/technical area of responsibility and provide input to the effort estimates
- Support the development of presentation materials and participate in the on-site customer presentations and demonstrations
Organizational Support and Practice Development
- Establish and maintain customer relationships at an Executive and Manager level.
- Act as the Design Authority to ensure that the scope of the delivered solution reflects the End-to-End design agreed in the sales cycle and highlight deviations from scope to the customer and internally within Infor.
- Assist the Infor Programme leadership in helping Infor customers achieve their goals including a successful implementation, a positive business relationship with Infor, and to become and remain satisfied customers of Infor products and services.
- Ensure that key Architecture Artifacts created in the sales cycle are developed and refined in a consistent manner and organized and stored effectively using a standard structure and repository, such that they may effectively handover responsibility to an alternative SA should such circumstances arise where this is necessary.
- Understand and challenge current business processes and propose possible solutions to the customers' business issues.
- Provide solution quality assurance checks at designated milestones in the project.
- Validate that solution designs are meeting customer project objectives during all project phases. This includes the business value case objectives as well as technical objectives.
- Provide leadership to the Project Team to ensure adoption of the prescribed solution through active participation in Scope Confirmation, and Implementation Accelerator Process Walk-through, and Blueprint Review where required.
- Analyze customers' systems, to determine optimal levels of operation and software use.
- Integrate change acceptance tenets and approaches into the communication of requirements and decisions.
- Take an active role in the Architecture Competency Centre ensuring that they regularly attend and contribute to community calls, provide feedback into development of architecture best practices and tools.
- Deliver knowledge transfer presentations and opportunistic coaching for functional and/or technical consultants, including 'Early Talent' recruits
- Maintains up to date industry, process, Infor product, technical knowledge and roadmaps
Knowledge and Skills, You Bring to the Organization
- Identify potential business use cases for emerging digital technology. Help to define the business case for implementing these solutions and help to develop and run POCs to demonstrate technical feasibility and operational fit.
- Feedback to R&D on common requirements driven by industry trends that should be considered as future product enhancements
- In depth Architectural knowledge of ERP solutions
- Implementation experience of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions- in particular PLM for process
- Experience of several full project life-cycle implementations as Lead Consultant or Solution Architect.
- Has applied TOGAF concepts in a project environment. Able to deploy TOGAF Architecture Development Methods (ADM). ** Or equivalent architectural frameworks
- Significant customer-facing consulting experience.
- Reliability and deadline-driven approach.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication that effectively articulates complex ideas.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team but also self-motivated.
- Team player with the ability to build strong peer and interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Our Guiding Principles set the standard for how we work with one another. They define who we are as an organization and guide everything we do. By applying the same shared values that unleash prosperity in free societies-such as value creation, integrity, responsibility, free speech, and toleration-we encourage one another to take initiative and to challenge the status quo.
We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age or individuals with disabilities.
At Infor we value your privacy that's why we created a policy that you can read here.
The information above is not complete and may change once joining Infor in future but this is a guide of the overall role. Please find further information here: http://www.infor.com/ About Infor
Infor delivers end-to-end ERP and strategic edge applications that are integrated and delivered in a multi-tenant cloud. We believe that customers need industry-specific solutions and that one size does not fit all.
We are proud to serve more than 68,000 companies worldwide. Infor is a standalone subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., which has annual revenues of over $110 billion.
For more information visit www.infor.com
We value the time you have taken to submit your application. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion