Plant Manager - Wigan
Based at our Wigan Plant.
Address: Cale Lane New Springs Aspull, Wigan WN2 1HG
Plant: Concrete roof tiles
Are you searching for a new role with an industry leader committed to help build your career even further? If so, read on.
At our Wigan plant - we're on the search for a dedicated and motivational Plant Manager
to join the BMI team. Role profile:
Fully accountable for all aspects of the sites operation and will be expected to maintain and enhance group/national standards.
Responsible for the sites overall performance, lead, coach and develop a team of functional managers/professionals that cover Production, Warehouse, Maintenance, Quality and Health & Safety.
Drive a local budget and be expected to achieve efficiency, production volume, and cost targets whilst maintaining industry required quality standards on all products.
Identify and collaborate with the key stakeholders in order to achieve maximum performance and overall operational excellence.Key responsibilities:
- Always maintain and seek to improve Company Health and safety standards.
- Responsible and accountable for the sites overall KPI and budget performance and sharing progress with the team.
- Ensure objectives/appraisal process is successfully functioning throughout the site and that training and development needs are identified and acted upon.
- Implement consistent and robust people management practices in conjunction with the HR team and ensure all managers follow Company policy.
- Active involvement in recruiting, retaining and developing top talent.
- Regularly review KPIs (including downtime analysis), and in conjunction with the relevant teams, find ways to improve quality, efficiency and costs.
- Ensure all appropriate site audits are completed and corrective actions/measures implemented within the relevant timescales.
- Manage raw material stocks, working with the national purchasing team to ensure best quality and value from materials, maintenance and capital expenditure.
- 5+ years of Senior Production management experience of at least 30 employees
- Management experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communicator with proven people management skills.
- Up to date Industrial health and safety awareness.
- Budget/P&L management.
- Proven ability to coach and develop individuals and teams.
- Exposure to working in a Unionised environment.
- Positively aligned with the four Company values.
- Ability to plan and present projects using the latest computer software and technology
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Project management experience/certifications/qualifications
- Experience of volume manufacturing
- IT Proficiency
We offer a competitive salary and benefits available coupled with fantastic opportunity to work with a recognised market leading organisation. Does this sound like your perfect next role?
A career with BMI Group is more than just a job. Working together we can achieve great things. Come and join us.
We understand we have a responsibility to protect our employees and others from risks to their health and safety which in the current climate also includes Covid-19.
We are managing the this through site risk assessments, specific control measures, regular reviews and using up to date guidance from the UK Government to ensure our employees are protected and work in a safe environment.