Octavia Zydel are currently supporting an exciting and fast growing SME who are a part of a wider group of ambitious owner managed businesses, in the search for Back-End PHP Developers. Preferably at the Senior level, but we are open to those with the skills to do the role.The opportunity offers the rare chance to work remotely, so long as you can commit to some office time (weekly or monthly visits), with locations in East London and the North East.
You'll be developing bespoke and custom sites, as well as building applications from scratch and working on some really exciting projects across the portfolio of clients. You must have a strong PHP Developer skill set, but more importantly, have a desire to learn, grow and stretch you imagination and skill set.
- The framework in use is Lavarel, which is used for the most bespoke works, but naturally, having exposure to other frameworks such as Symfony will help your cause for transferable attributes. If you're experienced at building complex systems from scratch, then even better.
- Atlas is used for the web application elements of the role, which is the custom build CMS system, along with Lavarel Spark and Nova.
- Other worthwhile experiences and skills include; Gitlab, MySQL/MariaDB, Docker, (R)eact and if you've IoT experience with the likes of Raspberry Pi and Auduino then great (not essential)!
- AWS would also be a nice to have, but again, not an essential.
- The BAU that applies here would be project management, writing clean code, thorough testing and solution based approaches to problems (troubleshooting) and of course, an ability to manage your own time and work to deadlines (especially if you are remote).
- Base salary up £40-60k depending on experience
- Passionate team orientated environment
- Training and development, with a budget for personal development
- Flexible working hours
- Strong pension scheme
- The list is endless here...
We can offer remote working but there must be a commitment to working in the office for a certain number of days each month, mainly to let people know you actually exist.If this is something that piques your interest, then please, apply and allow us to review. Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, only those with the relevant skillset and profile for the position will receive a personal reply. If you have not succeeded on this occasion, then you will receive a standard response. Please do not be discouraged if you do not make the minimum benchmark on this occasion. Many thanks.