(filmchain.co) startup is the fintech infrastructure that collects, tracks and pays stakeholders in film and TV. We manage the end-to-end financial transactions automatically and transparently.
We are on a hunt for a senior backend developer with a passion for fintech and startups to join the team.
We're looking for a person with computer science academic training, 5y+ dev experience
, 3y+ experience building web applications with Node.js
, especially GraphQL
ecosystem. Experience with deploying, maintaining and scaling web apps, especially using tools like Terraform
, will be needed. Experience integrating with Ethereum
/web3.js would be a plus. Experience in cybersecurity
would also be an advantage.
You will be joining a team that works both in London and remotely in Europe (GMT+2). You will be reporting directly to the company founders.
You will be responsible for backend development and DevOps
work. You will contribute to technical planning sessions with the other developers, product lead, designer, and assist in breaking requirements down into tasks and estimate duration of the work. You'll at times ensure that the team writes high quality, maintainable and well tested code.
We have an ongoing collaboration with Imperial College London and have regular placements for MSc students at FilmChain.The students will require extra guidance and mentoring
from you, in how to work productively in a team and learning technologies that they are not familiar with.
We are looking for people who have a high capacity for growth
and are eager to learn and make an impact in the fintech and media space.Our ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about distributed systems, APIs and scalability
- Has built fintech software as an engineer and recognize the challenges, complexities and tradeoffs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production.
- Can collaborate on a team to build, review and help design high-quality code, while also demonstrating a high degree of ownership and autonomy.
- Is thoughtful about user experience, especially for other engineers.
- Can manage stressful situations with calm professionalism, empathy, and compassion.
- Does not shy away from "grunge work" when work is needed
- Is interested in exposure: possibly speaking at conferences, seminars, publishing blogposts, etc.
We are a very passionate team, with a really innovative product, happy to work remotely with the right team or in the London office.Winner of Startup of the Year 2020 at London Business Awards
FilmChain has been selected as 1 in 5 finalists in Entertainment and Media at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Pitch as the only European company in its category.
Other awards received include:
- "Best Woman-led Investment in Innovation" UKBAA,
- "Blockchain Founder of the Year" BMWi UK Tech,
- Top 50 UK companies Createch.
- FilmChain was also nominated as "Hottest Blockchain Project" at The Europas Awards for European Tech Startups in 2019.
FilmChain has been featured in The Guardian, Forbes, Screen Daily, The Hollywood Reporter.