Broadgate are working closely with a client in Liverpool who are currently recruiting for an Operational Risk Analyst on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
The ideal candidate will have previous working experience working in an Operational Risk role within an FCA regulated environment. Knowledge of wealth management industry is also desirable.
To support the risk function, ensuring it meets its business and regulatory requirements and assisting the Head of Operational Risk with activities as part of the company's risk management operating model.
- Assist in the identification, assessment, quantification, monitoring and reporting of risks across the group.
- Monitor, review, analyse and produce risk management information from business information and operational risk tools (e.g. risk register review meetings, key indicators, risk events, external data and scenario analysis).
- Conduct process reviews focusing on operational risks exposures and the effectiveness of internal controls and monitoring processes in place.
- Produce quality risk reports and risk management information for senior management and committees, as required.
- Assist with the collection of internal risk events and loss data, root cause analysis and identification of risk mitigation plans.
- Support collection and analysis of external risk events and loss data.
- Assist with development of operational risk reporting to appropriate risk committees and senior management.
- Support the development of data reporting and data management processes within the team.
- Assist the team with regular updates and maintenance of risk management policies and procedures.
Experience & Knowledge
- Strong background in financial services.
- Commitment to developing knowledge and understanding of operational risk management.
- Knowledge of key business functions within financial services.
- Good understanding of risk management and control.
- Ability to identify, understand and document business processes.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills, efficient and proactive.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other members of staff at various levels.
- Demonstrate self-development, keeping abreast of initiatives, trends and developments in risk management within the industry and generally across the financial services sector.
For more information, please email email@example.com