Location: UK wide Travel required SC Clearence required Role Profile
We require a software developer with strong technology domain experience, and the ability to tackle challenging technical problems. You will be working on exciting projects, working as part of a larger project team. You will be expected to effectively and efficiently design, develop and support software applications to the high quality that is expected from all projects and you will also have direct interaction with our customers. Key Responsibilities
You will work with architects, senior programmers, scrum masters, business analysts, product owners and other internal stakeholders, with key responsibilities including:
- Designing, developing, integrating, testing and debugging modules of code
- Supporting, maintaining and documenting software functionality
- Developing innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Working independently and within a wider team with minimal supervision
- Reviewing, maintaining, and if necessary repairing legacy code
- Integrating new software into the existing solution
- Upgrading the current system to a newer version
- Attending and actively participating in SCRUM ceremonies and events
- Reporting progress to Scrum Master, highlighting issues before they become a problem.
- A degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computing, or a related discipline
- Programming experience in C# language
- Experience in the following technologies:
- SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2019
- Azure Dev Ops (TFS)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Previous usage of automated build and continuous integration suites
- Previous experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team as well as Agile behaviours and culture.
- Previous experience of working and in-depth knowledge around Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we develop a deep understanding of a business and get to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought. We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn't necessarily right for everyone. So we'd love to hear from you if you feel you're a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we'll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply