LEAD DATA SCIENTIST UP TO £80,000 + BONUS + BENEFITS MILTON KEYNES
Are you interested in building to a fast emerging, forward-thinking, data-driven team? Are you customer-focused and have a keen interest in improving customer experience worldwide? Do you wish to be at the forefront of data and machine learning practices in the hospitality industry? This opportunity would be an excellent fit for you. THE COMPANY:
As a lead data scientist, you will develop new machine learning approaches for a multi-national restaurant chain for their UK and Ireland stores. The company is undergoing a digital transformation and are keen to grow out their data science function. THE ROLE:
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be focusing on optimisation, automation and machine learning. Extremely customer focused on a macro-scale, you will be involved in a variety of different projects including (but not limited to) focusing on customer behaviour, supply chain and delivery routes optimisation.
In specific, you can expect to be involved in the following:
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mining large and complex data sets - both structured and unstructured data including efficient data extraction, transformation and application
- Causal inference and utilising this data to influence marketing, sales and understanding customer loyalty
- Predicting customer behaviour and values through machine learning and implementing changes at a large scale
- Designing models that have real world use and practices in all areas of product sale and production, using Python, Spark, SQL etc
- Development and maintenance of collaborative relationships with colleagues across the business.
The successful Lead Data Scientist will have the following skills and experience:
- Masters degree level or higher in numerate subject, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
- Comprehensive proficiency in key programming languages (Must-have Python and SQL, desirable AWS and GCP)
- Previous software development skills and experience
- Experience mentoring or leading data science teams is preferable
The successful Lead Data Scientist will receive a salary, dependent on experience, up to £80,000. On top of the salary, there is a performance-based bonus, great culture and opportunity to develop leadership skills as well as learn new skills from experts within the Data Science industry. HOW TO APPLY:
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Francesca Curtis via the Apply link on this page. Please note that our client is currently running a fully remote interview process and are able to on-board and hire remotely as well. This role is intended to be home working for the duration of the current government travel restrictions.