Position Title: Business Consultant (BC)Department:
Professional ServicesReports to:
Consultancy Team LeadThis role can be based remotely in the UK or based out of our offices at Media City, SalfordPosition Summary
The role of the Business Consultant is to develop integrated solutions based on specifications produced using the BluJay Solutions toolset. It will involve the methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes relating to BluJay's solutions and integration into client back office system plays a major part in the role. The BC will be working as an integral part of a project-based team with an allocated Project Manager who will be responsible for allocating project resources, including the Business Consultant.
The individual is regarded as a professional person, with good client-facing communication skills and project experience.
Primary responsibilities are the definition of requirements for integrating any aspect of the client processes with BluJay systems. The candidate must also manage a variety of client accounts and be able to size, scope and help cost estimate our services for customers.
As a Business Consultant, the individual must demonstrate a high level of experience in the field of Freight Forwarding and customs handling including customs legislation and processes both in terms of practical field experience and software delivery.Essential Functions/Responsibilities
Required Education/Experience & Skills
- Works with a designated project manager, project team members, clients/users and colleagues to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques.
- Works with a designated project manager, project team members, clients/users and colleagues to investigate operational requirements and problems, seeking effective business solutions through the provision of integrated solutions using BluJay software.
- Assists in the analysis of underlying issues arising from investigation of requirements and problems and identifies available options for consideration.
- Documents all work using department standards, methods and tools, so that they can be supported by other members of the business, e.g. support or development.
- Arranges, prepares and attends client/user meetings and presents issues and solutions both verbally and in writing.
- Assists in defining, planning and justifying (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Produces costed business proposals in cooperation with the sales teams or project managers for presentation to clients.
- Keeps up-to-date with advances, approaches, techniques and technologies etc. as they relate to the role.
- Accurately captures business requirements. Ensures that requirements and design documents are appropriately distributed, reviewed, discussed, modified and ultimately approved.
- Analyses business requirements and develops solutions that are achievable, acceptable and consistent with the project design concepts.
- Provides clear definition and specification of the business activities.
- Develops integrated solutions using BluJay tools.
- Assists the development team as necessary in terms of testing fault fixes, customer patches.
- Tests, configures and implements developed integrated solutions.
- Trains and instructs clients' users on implemented BluJay software solutions.
- Other tasks and activities as assigned.
- 2-3 years' experience in an equivalent position (professional services role, customs processing background)
- Educated as forwarding agent / certified customs broker or equivalent skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to accommodate different personalities and skills within that team.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to complete assigned responsibilities and commands respect among their peers.
- Strong team player that works well with sr. management, staff and clients.
- Capable of working across sectors. Experience of end-to-end development lifecycle.
- Well presented, articulate and confident with strong inter-personal skills.
- Sound time management and prioritisation, ability to handle delivery pressure.
- A thorough knowledge of business-to-business E-Commerce, both over the web and traditional EDI.
- Full driving licence.
- Experience of relevant vertical markets, e.g. Retail.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
- Experience of mapping tools.
- Knowledge of EDI.
- Supply chain management experience.
- General office environment and responsibilities requiring:
- Extensive use of the computer which involves viewing a monitor and keyboarding for most of the workday
- Placing and receiving phone calls
- Occasionally moving and lifting objects up to 20 pounds
- Up to 40% travel throughout Europe