Senior Full Stack Developer SheffieldSalary on applicationAbout SDL:
SDL is the global leader and innovator in language and content management solutions. For over 25 years, SDL has helped companies communicate with confidence and deliver transformative business results by enabling powerful experiences that engage customers across multiple touchpoints, all strengthened by our human expertise and machine learning technology.
Today SDL is enabling companies to create, translate and deliver relevant and personalized content to support meaningful customer journeys and form important emotional connections by making understanding possible. The world's biggest brands trust SDL's expertise in digital content management and language translation, with 90 out of the top 100 global brands working with us, to underpin their content creation, translation and delivery. Position Overview:
. You will work as part of a distributed agile team developing the SDL Knowledge Centre software.
SDL Knowledge Centre provides the services and software which empower global organizations to single-source content, share, reuse and personalize content in various output formats and in multiple languages across global markets. Through efficiency gains, SDL's customers are able to speed up the time of information going to global markets, drive down the cost of content development and translation, provide more agility for the overall business, and increase customer satisfaction through access to better information.Key Responsibilities:
Your Profile Essential
- Product oriented thinking; reworking and keeping up with current standards
- Driving technical design, code professionalism and innovation
- Reporting progress and identifying, escalating and removing obstacles that might endanger the agreed release date
- Reviewing peer deliverables
- Active team participation including attending daily SCRUM meetings
- Providing input to technical writers
- Assisting functional and technical testers
- Experience with HTML, CSS, LESS, TypeScript, Redux, rxjs
- Understand component oriented architecture
- Familiar with one of the modern frameworks (React JS, angular, vue).
- Understand concept of code testing. Understand what should be test, what should not.
- Experience in web application development, both client and server side
- Excellent fundamental knowledge of computer systems, algorithms, data flows etc.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written
- Team player mentality in an open plan office
- Problem solving skills, keeping an overview with an eye for detail
- Pragmatic, get things done attitude with excellent organizational skills
- Experience with using a content management system
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with XML, XPATH, DITA
- Knowledge of XML Editors like oXygen XML Editor, JustSystems XMetaL, Arbortext Editor
To learn more about working at SDL go to http://www.sdl.com/about/career/
Software and Services for Human Understanding