A RF Design engineer is required to join our Systems Engineering team working on the design of RF circuits and Systems at our office in Shepton Mallet, Somerset, United Kingdom. The role is likely to involve regular travel to our other UK sites in Essex and Cambridge; it may also involve occasional overseas travel.
In this role you will be responsible for device evaluation on RF products from kHz up to GHz frequencies. The role also includes System / circuit level design to support development of new RF products, working closely with our IC design teams.Responsibilities:
- Design of RF demonstration kits and evaluation PCB's
- In depth evaluation of RF devices; involving close collaboration with the IC design team and detailed analysis of the application requirements
- Produce detailed documentation of evaluation results and produce application notes to support customer usage cases
- Competitive analysis; identify, document and present the benefits of CML solutions
- Provide technical support to CML sales/marketing and customers
- Provide technical support to CML production and test departments
- Open collaborative mind-set
- Good communicator (written and oral)
- Can do attitude
- Methodical and through but adaptable
Experience is required in some or all of the following:
- A minimum of 5 years analogue hardware RF system/circuit design where experience up to microwave frequencies is desirable (up to 30 GHz)
- A relevant degree / qualifications
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment such as spectrum analysers, VNA's, vector signal generators, oscilloscopes etc
- Good theoretical knowledge of analogue circuits, RF and system engineering
- Experience with transmitters, receivers and phase-locked loops.
- Experienced in supporting production of RF products (semi-conductors or RF end-user products)
- Knowledge/experience of radio transceiver design would be an advantage
Competitive depending on experience; relocation package where appropriate, benefits package including health insurance, pension, death in service insurance etc.Start date:
September 2020, one position available.