Job Title: IT Network Administrator (contract)
Start Date ASAP
Reports To: Head of IT - Cromwell
Department: Cromwell Hospital
Location: Cromwell Hospital, High St Kensington, London. A global leader in healthcare. With the infrastructure to succeed. IT Specialist, Network services - competitive salary and benefits.
Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives and the 70,000 people we employ are at the heart of making this a reality. It requires focus and dedication - and as a global leader in healthcare we rely on a wide range of skills to help us achieve our ambitions. Everything from working with our members to providing the essential infrastructure that makes us such a success.
We are seeking an IT Specialist required to join the Network Services team based in Staines to provide a high level of expertise and knowledge in the data network and telecoms infrastructure field. In addition you will isolate and resolve performance problems in complex systems and recommend ways to support a departmental policy of continuous improvement. Key Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proactive and/or reactive support of infrastructure components in line with agreed service level agreements.
- To provide input to the Technical Team Leader in the overall development of technical plans
- Act as a technical consultant where appropriate, providing advice and guidance relating to their area of technical speciality
- Ensure that quality solutions are developed, tested, and delivered in line with current IS policies, standards and procedures, within timescales and to budget
- Monitor the performance of the infrastructure and carry out tuning exercises as appropriate to ensure optimal performance.
- Identify single points of failure and weaknesses within the infrastructure and identify options for resolution.
If you'd like to play your part in BUPA's success story, then join us today.
- You will be able to demonstrate an expert understanding of data networking in a Cisco estate, combined with an advanced understanding of voice network structures and protocols including Avaya and/or Genesys environments.
- Experience of Cisco Routers & Switches, LAN, WAN environments.
- Cisco network qualification or equivalent.
- Network design and administration / implementation experience.
- In addition you must be able to demonstrate considerable practical hands-on experience in the converged networking environment.
- Good communication skills are essential and you must have the ability to communicate at all levels which will include explaining technically complex processes in a clear straightforward manner.
- You must be an excellent problem solver and trouble shooter with the ability to work under extreme pressure in a support or project situation.
- Finally you should be able to recommend ways to support a departmental policy of continuous improvement in order to avoid and reduce incidents and problems.