Who we are
Since 2001 thinkmoney has been helping customers stay on top of their finances. We've changed a fair bit since then, and we're growing and developing new things faster than ever. But one thing hasn't changed, our commitment to looking after our customers.
For ten consecutive years we've held a four star Fairbanking mark to recognise that we help customers manage money well. The brilliant service our customers receive has also earned us a 4 star rating on Trustpilot.
In December 2019 we won out latest award for Best Use of IT in Retail Banking at the 20th Banking Tech Awards, highlighting our innovation and digital transformation skills. For more information, please visit our LinkedIn page.
Our digital teams are constantly developing new app features based on real customer feedback, and our customer service teams are here to support customers who need that human touch.
Our commitment to helping others doesn't end there.
Corporate & Social Responsibility is important, and in 2020 we received an award for being the largest fundraiser for Cash For Kids over the last four years, and another for raising £1million for local charities in the last ten years.
We have a casual dress code and a relaxed and informal office environment, with an inclusive culture that recognises diversity.Personal Qualities and Cultural Fit
We work fast and to a high standard. The only way to constantly deliver in a time of great change is to ensure collaboration between people and departments.
We look for people who are intellectually curious as to what is possible, mixed with the pragmatism to understand the operating environment and constraints, be they time, budget or capabilities.
The art of the possible mixed with the need to get things delivered.Role Purpose
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will be part of an industry award-winning, forward thinking, cross functional technology team.Who Should Apply?
- Someone who is motivated to change the lives of our customers across the country daily, by making it easier to manage and control their finances, who are otherwise underserved by the banking sector
- Someone who wants a high level of personal responsibility
- A person that is comfortable having a high level of visibility to the most senior people in our business, with an ability to influence decisions
Role and Responsibilities
- Someone who stays on top of the latest design trends and continues to develop their own skills in relation to design software and digital platforms
- Respond to design briefs and always look for opportunities to improve customer experiences
- Create research strategies/approaches and lead the "Discovery" process when tackling customer problems
- Utilise data and customer insight to inform and validate design thinking
- Propose and create mock-ups, scamps & prototypes to support ideation
- Facilitate workshops alongside product owners and other business leads
- Communicate project updates to key stakeholders
- An understanding of user-centred design and UI best practices
- Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience using prototyping software such as Axure, Framer or InVision
- Experience in using tools such as Zeplin or Abstract for sharing designs with engineering colleagues
- A basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Previous use of A/B testing platforms
- Ability to present your ideas and results to key stakeholders via face-to-face meetings and presentations
We will expect to see a portfolio that demonstrates your thought processes and passion for design.Benefits Package
23 days' holiday rising to 28 days with service
An extra day's leave for your birthday
A paid charity day for you to work somewhere as part of our CSR commitments
Hapi benefits program, including discounts at leading supermarkets, cinemas and other leading retailers
On-site gym with free personal training
Personal lockers and showers
On-site restaurant with Costa Coffee
Free tea, coffee and fresh fruit
Annual eye test
Employee assistance program