My client, a leading financial specialist is looking for a Java developer to work on a Reference Data project. The development tasks are a mixture of new development and enhancement and maintenance of existing applications; in addition, the development of new systems or extensions to existing systems from supplied requirements and specifications in accordance with agreed standards is also an important facet of this role. The right individual must be able to adhere to change control and implementation proceduresand alss assist in estimating system and program development times and costs.
· Significant experience programming in a Java environment
· SQL (Oracle preferred) experience
· Java database APIs
· Experience with source control systems (preferably GIT)
· Junit and Mocking frameworks
· Able to take on and understand the functionality of legacy systems
· Spring Boot
· Experience of Java XML APIs
· Knowledge of Java concurrency frameworks
This is an exceptional opportunity for a major player - please contact me immediately if keen. Candidates from outside Financial Services welcome. This is a Permanent position so please do not apply if this is not what you are looking for.