Colliers International is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis. Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
The UK business is headquartered in London, with 900 specialists throughout 16 offices across the UK and Ireland.The Role
Credit control duties for a portfolio of clients and properties ensuring the timely collection of rent, service charge and other income from tenants, in accordance with the terms of their lease.
Our best-in-sector rent collection performance is a recognised "usp" of the Colliers International property management service, making this a high profile and challenging environment where motivated individuals can shine.
Working as part of a team with duties including the following:
- Timely collection of rent, service charge and other debts from tenants, in accordance with the terms of their lease, and in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators
- Regular contact with tenants, via telephone and email, and chasing payment of outstanding debts until settlement is received
- Liaising with surveying and client accounting colleagues, and other appropriate sources, to ensure that any queries or disputes are resolved in a timely manner
- Updating tenant information on the TRAMPS database including contact details, arrears notes and payment information
- Producing and distributing accurate and timely arrears reports in accordance with client and internal requirements
- Assisting the cashiering team in the correct allocation of monies received, and in other duties at busy times
- Performing all duties professionally and in line with documented procedures to ensure all internal and external targets are successfully achieved
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and liaise confidently with colleagues and tenants
- A professional, proactive and organised approach to work
- A positive and helpful attitude within a team environment
- Previous use of a recognised property management accounts package, ideally Tramps or Horizon, would be useful but not essential
- Strong knowledge of Excel
Additional InformationAgency introductions will not be recognised.